BroncosHQ Updates

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks for you patience with the advertising issues we've been facing for the past week and a bit. Everything seems to be back up and running.

I noticed that registered members were also seeing advertising that was meant to be for guests only. I have rectified that to reduce the amount of ads in threads.

For mobile users, I found that a lot of the ads being displayed were too large. I have reduced the overall amount of ads on mobile, and reduced some of the sizes on mobile.

I was seeing full page ads popping up on mobile. I believe this has been stopped, but if it does occur to you, please let me know so I can investigate further.

Just a reminder. If the ads look annoying, too big, or there are just too many, something is probably wrong. Please let me know.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have made a slight change to our fonts across BroncosHQ. We have increased all fonts by .5, and have increased the line spacing by .4.

This is to make the website easier to read on computer in low light due to the dark background and light text, but most important, it will make using the forums on mobile a little easier.

It may look fat for now, but you'll get used to it.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've noticed that Google is serving some rather large horizontal ads today. I'm monitoring this, and if it doesn't sort itself out by tomorrow, I will make some changes to force the sizing back down.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The developer of the addon that makes our adverts work has been contacted. It took a very long time to get him to realise that this was a problem with his paid software, so I have also requested help from one of our freelancers.

I've disabled the new posts ads, which were by far the most obtrusive, in the meantime while I try to do things, I will leave the ugly big top one there. I'm worried if I turn it off and it has a change in traffic, the big advert will be replaced with smaller ones which will stop any fix from occurring.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
To quote Kimlo Kimlo

Any more Bennett V Seibold bullshit and we'll be issuing thread bans.

Enough is enough, we've been ignoring it for weeks but the same 3-4 posters arguing the same 2 points to infinity in every other thread is getting nauseating.

Discuss the actual game, or don't post in this thread thanks. If you really need to discuss those particular points, the PM function exists.
Staff have been instructed that a failure to adhere to this will result in a thread ban, and a warning against your account. If you wish to discuss these two like adults, please feel free to use the dedicated threads.

Basically. It's time to move the **** on from Wayne Bennett. Wayne Bennett bought much good to our club, and he did harm to our club. What has happened, has happened.

Calling someone a **** on the Internet because they like or dislike him is fucking lame. Just fucking stop it.

To quote abashii abashii - Those who are involved in this constant rot, week in, week out, pull your heads in.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
After discussion with other staff, we feel the above message hasn't been taken on board by a few members. We're also seeing a lot of people getting the shits with each other, which is ruining discussions and threads.

So we will be pushing out more warnings from here on out, to attempt to stamp out some of the crap that a number of you have reported and spoken to us about, both on here, and in private.

TapaTalk users: Please be aware that thread warnings by staff are not displayed on TapaTalk correctly.

As always, we are very open and available to discuss anything that happens on here. Staff Chat is a forum where you can post, and only yourself, and us, can see the post. In most cases, the staff member who moderated you will be the one to explain things. If you don't like that, you can escalate that to another member of staff, or you may PM me directly, or hit me on Facebook if you know who I am.

We do not discuss the moderation of other members on the public forums. We will not discuss the moderation of another member with anyone except for that member. Do not assume that another member on this website has not been warned, just to make an argument against you being warned. They probably have been warned, we just don't tell you.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
We are also going to be cracking down on needless baiting that has become a real issue on here of late. It's actually most of the issue we have, and is currently the single most complained about issue we have.

It's time to start being nicer to each other. So starting today, the constant baits and digs towards other members, and their opinions, especially those in other threads, or those we deem to be adding nothing, and are only posted to get a reaction, will be met with warnings.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
We've had a complaint from News LTD to cease any posting of their articles on BHQ.

Please do not post any articles that are from News LTD or their affiliates. No exceptions. However a simple link as part of a post should be fine, but no quoting of the article.

We will strictly enforce this for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
There is an issue with the new posts button not displaying new posts correctly. In the meantime, from the same screen, you can click 'What's New' to get some new posts up.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Other Sports has been changed to Cricket & Other Sports. OS is now a sub-forum under Cricket.

You can also opt-out of this forum through your account preference. Currently there is a delay of 20 minutes when updating this setting on your account. I'm working on getting the delay removed.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Currently there is a routing issue which may affect international traffic to BHQ. It's being looked into by people far smarter than I.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The issue described above is still ongoing, and through my own testing, it seems to be affecting Australian based connections with slower speeds in some instance. This is still being worked on.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
We have been told now that there are further issues with domestic traffic. I'm not sure if this is host specific, or into the DC.

This is outside of BHQ, so I can't even break anything while attempting to fix something.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Hopefully this is still the right place for it, but input lags like an absolute bastars trying to type any comments in here even with the advanced mode dealy turned off. Did old mate dev ever get back to you about this?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Hopefully this is still the right place for it, but input lags like an absolute bastars trying to type any comments in here even with the advanced mode dealy turned off. Did old mate dev ever get back to you about this?
We thought we had fixed that. Did it come good ever?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Actually. Do you get a weird thing where you backspace and it backspaces back to the end of the last word?

Last edited:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Actually. Do you get a weird thing where you backspace and it backspaces back to the end of the last word?
No, I definitely don't get that. But when typing this out there's noticeable lag, I can get a few words ahead of what's being shown on the screen very easily.

E: not sure it ever cams good, but it seems to be worse again the last few days. Hard to say exactly.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No, I definitely don't get that. But when typing this out there's noticeable lag, I can get a few words ahead of what's being shown on the screen very easily.

E: not sure it ever cams good, but it seems to be worse again the last few days. Hard to say exactly.
I'll look into this again for you tonight, and talk to some smarter people about it. I may hit you up for more details again too. Sorry, that would give me the shits too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.