BroncosHQ Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks for you patience with the advertising issues we've been facing for the past week and a bit. Everything seems to be back up and running.

I noticed that registered members were also seeing advertising that was meant to be for guests only. I have rectified that to reduce the amount of ads in threads.

For mobile users, I found that a lot of the ads being displayed were too large. I have reduced the overall amount of ads on mobile, and reduced some of the sizes on mobile.

I was seeing full page ads popping up on mobile. I believe this has been stopped, but if it does occur to you, please let me know so I can investigate further.

Just a reminder. If the ads look annoying, too big, or there are just too many, something is probably wrong. Please let me know.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have made a slight change to our fonts across BroncosHQ. We have increased all fonts by .5, and have increased the line spacing by .4.

This is to make the website easier to read on computer in low light due to the dark background and light text, but most important, it will make using the forums on mobile a little easier.

It may look fat for now, but you'll get used to it.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've noticed that Google is serving some rather large horizontal ads today. I'm monitoring this, and if it doesn't sort itself out by tomorrow, I will make some changes to force the sizing back down.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The developer of the addon that makes our adverts work has been contacted. It took a very long time to get him to realise that this was a problem with his paid software, so I have also requested help from one of our freelancers.

I've disabled the new posts ads, which were by far the most obtrusive, in the meantime while I try to do things, I will leave the ugly big top one there. I'm worried if I turn it off and it has a change in traffic, the big advert will be replaced with smaller ones which will stop any fix from occurring.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
To quote @Kimlo

Any more Bennett V Seibold bullshit and we'll be issuing thread bans.

Enough is enough, we've been ignoring it for weeks but the same 3-4 posters arguing the same 2 points to infinity in every other thread is getting nauseating.

Discuss the actual game, or don't post in this thread thanks. If you really need to discuss those particular points, the PM function exists.
Staff have been instructed that a failure to adhere to this will result in a thread ban, and a warning against your account. If you wish to discuss these two like adults, please feel free to use the dedicated threads.

Basically. It's time to move the **** on from Wayne Bennett. Wayne Bennett bought much good to our club, and he did harm to our club. What has happened, has happened.

Calling someone a **** on the Internet because they like or dislike him is fucking lame. Just fucking stop it.

To quote @abashii - Those who are involved in this constant rot, week in, week out, pull your heads in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter