NEWS Buying your freedom in Bali usually costs $10K. It cost David Fifita three times that

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Last edited by a moderator:
I call bullshit on the amount. I reckon they're converting the currency the wrong way. About $1000. Everyone online seems to be stating that the get out of jail card in Bali is no where near what the dickhead journos are throwing around.

I call bullshit on the amount. I reckon they're converting the currency the wrong way. About $1000. Everyone online seems to be stating that the get out of jail card in Bali is no where near what the dickhead journos are throwing around.
Wouldn't surprise me though Nashy. They are as corrupt as **** over there. I'd say a few extra ***** rode that gravy train.

Yep, might only be a week's pay for Fifita, but it's about four year's wages for the guard.

Yeah but their eyes would have widened a fair bit when they found out exactly who they had in the cage.

Last edited:
Next time just carry extra cash and bribe on the spot

At least the media are beginning to report this more from a victim perspective. I was expecting them just to completely ignore Bali's bribery but clearly they are really struggling to not just unleash

Last edited:
So one thing I'm finding difficult to understand is how did NAS somehow get out of the country on the night of his incident.

The guy was seen flat out rampaging amongst a massive crowd, but apparently that didn't warrant being detained for questioning incase charges were to be laid??

Fifita was in a jail for 3 nights because of an allegation. There didn't really appear to be any sort of damage to the security guard as evidence of an assault and then only one eye witness from a local... but NAS is straight out of the country despite video footage of him going on a rampage and a huge crowd around the whole thing.

I'm happy to accept that NAS was acting in "self defence", but footage and witness accounts surely require him to be questioned doesn't it.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have to be Indonesian to qualify to receive a bribe.

So one thing I'm finding difficult to understand is how did NAS somehow get out of the country on the night of his incident.

The guy was seen flat out rampaging amongst a massive crowd, but apparently that didn't warrant being detained for questioning incase charges were to be laid??

Fifita was in a jail for 3 nights because of an allegation. There didn't really appear to be any sort of damage to the security guard as evidence of an assault and then only one eye witness from a local... but NAS is straight out of the country despite video footage of him going on a rampage and a huge crowd around the whole thing.

I'm happy to accept that NAS was acting in "self defence", but footage and witness accounts surely require him to be questioned doesn't it.

Once again, the media aren't openly reporting it, but the NAS incident was never self-defence. The incident had ended, there was no immediate danger. NAS just saw the same guy hours later and started it up again.

Which makes your point even more pertinent. Did the Storm / News LTD have people there quick enough to get him out of there? Or, like @Xzei said, is it only locals who will get assistance from the authorities to extort?

Once again, the media aren't openly reporting it, but the NAS incident was never self-defence. The incident had ended, there was no immediate danger. NAS just saw the same guy hours later and started it up again.

Which makes your point even more pertinent. Did the Storm / News LTD have people there quick enough to get him out of there? Or, like @Xzei said, is it only locals who will get assistance from the authorities to extort?
Even the corrupt Bali conmen know the Storm are the best in the business at not following the rules.

They probably thought they’d end up being the ones paying the Storm a bribe to release NAS.

I would guess it was a three way split between the lawyer, the `victim' and the cops. It looks like a finely tuned routine.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • bert_lifts
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.