Cam Smith sooking his way out of the game

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Incredible! Now you're a mind reader! You KNOW what people think. Truly amazing. A bloke who plays rugby league, tackles megastrong superfit athletes is a coward. Wow.
What’s a suitable adjective then?
****? Dog? Flog? Flop? Fuckwit? Grub?

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
What’s a suitable adjective then?
****? Dog? Flog? Flop? Fuckwit? Grub?
None of those. You don't know the reasons why he chose to withdraw but Walters may. He didn't have to provide a reason to you and had done enough in the past. Your reason for disliking him is poor.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
None of those. You don't know the reasons why he chose to withdraw but Walters may. He didn't have to provide a reason to you and had done enough in the past. Your reason for disliking him is poor.
Announcing his retirement a few weeks out is what put a lot of people off, whatever his reasons.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Announcing his retirement a few weeks out is what put a lot of people off, whatever his reasons.
True but in my humble opinion it doesn't warrant hate. If I knew the reason I might feel less disappointed. That said he has earned some leeway and I'll just assume he felt it was the right thing to do.

Galah

QCup Player
Brisbane
Cameron's a wanker.

My loyalty is to the Broncos. Smith is a grubby, salary cap cheating, wrestling hypocrite who pretends to be a good **** but is one of the worst sports in the game. Him and Bellamy are almost inarguably the biggest cancer on rugby league. They pioneered bending the refs and the rules to gain an unfair advantage to an absolute precision level. Not their fault (good on them really...) that the NRL are too weak to enforce their own rulebook but as a fan, I'll absolutely hate them for it.
bang on!! And on that point I only truly believe it was let go because it was the Melbourne team and nrl were so desperate to get a piece of the pie, they needed success. Bellamy is a disgrace the way he carries on. I’ve been to war and been in battles where guys have had more composure while being shot at. Dead set **** head.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
True but in my humble opinion it doesn't warrant hate. If I knew the reason I might feel less disappointed. That said he has earned some leeway and I'll just assume he felt it was the right thing to do.
to borrow a forum favourite, if you love him so much why don’t you **** off and follow his team?

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I wish he did give his reasons but to me it seemed like he didn’t want to tarnish his origin legacy knowing nsw were well on the rise. Surely if he didn’t feel he was up to it he would have known months in advance. Two weeks out is a bit of a low act.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
I wish he did give his reasons but to me it seemed like he didn’t want to tarnish his origin legacy knowing nsw were well on the rise. Surely if he didn’t feel he was up to it he would have known months in advance. Two weeks out is a bit of a low act.
Facts.
Leading up to last years series the entire NSW squad were in all time form and no one from qld could string some quality games together. I thought we were going to get pumped, I think everyone did. At the end of the series it was a shit load closet than anticipated and having smith could well have proven the difference. It would have been a perfect send off for him, instead his low act has cast an enormous shadow over his legacy.

Last edited:

Bongo

QCup Player
Facts.
Leading up to last years series the entire NSW squad were in all time form and no one from qld could string some quality games together. I thought we were going to get pumped, I think everyone did. At the end of the series it was a shit load closet than anticipated and having smith could well have proven the difference. It would have been a perfect send off for him, instead his low act has cast an enormous shadow over his legacy.
That is clearly an opinion.

Bongo

QCup Player
Lockyer was better

Locky won best player in the world, in 2 different positions, and did it all with class and without cheating

Smith can claim the best hooker the game has ever seen, but I'll never agree that he is the best footballer of all time
GOAT was reference to best ever hooker.

kooly87

QCup Player
People are entitled to be dirty at him for withdrawing so close to a new series and seemingly as a huge shock to the Coach and all involved. I'm dirty about that as well just to be clear.

But to call him a coward, or to imply that it in any way denigrates what he has done in a Maroons jersey is just insane. It may to some extent change the way I feel about his legacy, but it doesn't change what he has fairly and squarely achieved.

The facts remain that he's probably the greatest Maroon of the lot in terms of what he's achieved. Would he be my personal favourite when I weigh him up against guys like Locky or JT? No, probably not, but that doesn't change the fact that on the field he was an absolutely critical piece of the greatest State of Origin side of all time and in his own right he could be probably be called the greatest Origin player of them all.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
People are entitled to be dirty at him for withdrawing so close to a new series and seemingly as a huge shock to the Coach and all involved. I'm dirty about that as well just to be clear.

But to call him a coward, or to imply that it in any way denigrates what he has done in a Maroons jersey is just insane. It may to some extent change the way I feel about his legacy, but it doesn't change what he has fairly and squarely achieved.

The facts remain that he's probably the greatest Maroon of the lot in terms of what he's achieved. Would he be my personal favourite when I weigh him up against guys like Locky or JT? No, probably not, but that doesn't change the fact that on the field he was an absolutely critical piece of the greatest State of Origin side of all time and in his own right he could be probably be called the greatest Origin player of them all.
Wally still reigns as king in the Origin arena, and probably always will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter