Cam Smith sooking his way out of the game

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

You won't get any sympathy from me, Cam. If you live by the sword, you had better be damn prepared to die by it.

You spat in QLD's face by quitting Origin 2 weeks out from selections, you acted like a turd when your team's bullshit, that you continue to gloss over as if it's acceptable put Alex McKinnon in a wheelchair and your tunnel vision was so bad you even did your lawyer act to the refs before he was even on the cart, you stood by and watched the NRL kiss your ass via that big ass rock hanging from your wife's finger, you again acted like a turd when you got sin binned at Shark Park and proceeded to strut to the sideline in your own time, you are easily the one captain that spends the most time litigating to the referee and boy oh boy do you know how to throw a forward pass and get away with it. And I'm not even gonna bother elaborating on Melbourne and the massive damage that club, its coach and its captain have wraught on this comp in the past 10 years.

The fact is Cameron, as great as your career has been from a player point of view, you have irreversibly sullied your legacy with antics that frankly leave little room for respect. Fancy having an image among Queenslanders that isn't all that far off Andrew Johns or Jarryd Hayne.

Last edited:

You won't get any sympathy from me, Cam. If you live by the sword, you had better be damn prepared to die by it.

You spat in QLD's face by quitting Origin 2 weeks out from selections, you acted like a turd when your team's bullshit, that you continue to gloss over as if it's acceptable put Alex McKinnon in a wheelchair and your tunnel vision was so bad you even did your lawyer act to the refs before he was even on the cart, you stood by and watched the NRL kiss your ass via that big ass rock hanging from your wife's finger, you again acted like a turd when you got sin binned at Shark Park and proceeded to strut to the sideline in your own time, you are easily the one captain that spends the most time litigating to the referee and boy oh boy do you know how to throw a forward pass and get away with it. And I'm not even gonna bother elaborating on Melbourne and the massive damage that club, its coach and its captain have wraught on this comp in the past 10 years.

The fact is Cameron, as great as your career has been from a player point of view, you have irreversibly sullied your legacy with antics that frankly leave little room for respect. Fancy having an image among Queenslanders that isn't all that far off Andrew Johns or Jarryd Hayne.

I don't blame him or the Storm for the McKinnon thing at all, but everything else is spot-on.

**** off out of the game Smith you sooky, narcissistic ****. You have played a major part in ruining the game in many respects yet you have been rewarded more than any other player and you still want to whinge. You are such a fucking prick.

It all started going south for him when he deadset fucked qld over and lost the support of qlders because of it, Honestly his excuse was a piss take and everyone new it, It’s why I dislike him. You never let your brothers down like that it’s a fucking selfish dog act. Ya prick

People will say Smith critics are bitter about his success, tall poppy syndrome. He’s an amazing talent, no doubt. Maybe the best ever.

All you have to do though is look at Lockyer. He was despised by NSW due to his contribution to QLD dominance, he was part of the most successful NRL team at the time of his retirement, he basically had every record that Smith now holds. When it actually came to his retirement almost everyone respected him, NSW included. When it comes to Smith, forget about NSW, most of QLD thinks he’s a dickhead.

People will say Smith critics are bitter about his success, tall poppy syndrome. He’s an amazing talent, no doubt. Maybe the best ever.

All you have to do though is look at Lockyer. He was despised by NSW due to his contribution to QLD dominance, he was part of the most successful NRL team at the time of his retirement, he basically had every record that Smith now holds. When it actually came to his retirement almost everyone respected him, NSW included. When it comes to Smith, forget about NSW, most of QLD thinks he’s a dickhead.

every record he holds has an asterisk next to it.

Also the time he played the broncos recruitment just to leverage more salary and drive a wedge in us (then his coach turned around and did exactly the same thing to us a couple years later).

Mind you, full us once shame on you, fool us multiple times then can't really blame them trying it on.

It all started going south for him when he deadset fucked qld over and lost the support of qlders because of it, Honestly his excuse was a piss take and everyone new it, It’s why I dislike him. You never let your brothers down like that it’s a fucking selfish dog act. Ya prick

So dramatic. Alf did the same thing just before the ‘99 series.

I feel a recent certain Tim Paine quote sums up how most people feel about Smith

That’s the difference between him and Alfie

Alf didn’t go on to dominate the role when he quit, because he couldn’t and he knew he couldnt. Smith has and basically still is!
I’m not trying to be “dramatic” but when a “guy” “women” says they’re done! Well you better be fuckin done and not crack on with another team/ whatever it is you’re doing.

You’re a guy with plenty of knowledge and well respected when it comes to footy. You can’t tell me he didn’t pike on us because he saw the writing on the wall, when in reality we win with him.....

As far as I'm concerned, Smith has done enough for QLD that he can choose to do whatever the **** he wants to.

Alf didn’t go on to dominate the role when he quit, because he couldn’t and he knew he couldnt. Smith has and basically still is!
I’m not trying to be “dramatic” but when a “guy” “women” says they’re done! Well you better be fuckin done and not crack on with another team/ whatever it is you’re doing.

You’re a guy with plenty of knowledge and well respected when it comes to footy. You can’t tell me he didn’t pike on us because he saw the writing on the wall, when in reality we win with him.....

I think he took up until the last minute to make his decision because he was trying to get it done if he could. Can you really imagine a player saying I will retire but wait until April so it really stuffs up Queensland this year?

No I don't buy in to any idea that he retired because he thought they wouldn't win. When a winning era spans just that a whole era your retirement will coincide with the end of the winning. When did Warne, McGrath, Hayden retire? At the end of the 'winning.'

Last edited:
Edit: Slander

Last edited by a moderator:
Alf quit the NRL entirely because he felt he was cooked. Smith just backed away from Origin because the added exposure would cast light on his... indiscretions.
Smith tucked tail and ran because he thought we were going to get pumped. As it turned out had he played we probably would have won. He is a coward.

Alf quit the NRL entirely because he felt he was cooked. Smith just backed away from Origin because the added exposure would cast light on his... indiscretions.
Care to elaborate on his "indiscretions" ??
.....or have the rules changed on this site and we can just slander anybody we want to without just cause and or evidence?

Care to elaborate on his "indiscretions" ??
.....or have the rules changed on this site and we can just slander anybody we want to without just cause and or evidence?

What makes you think I wasn’t talking about on-field?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.