Cam Smith sooking his way out of the game

every record he holds has an asterisk next to it.
Bit much mate. What is the asterisk for with regards to him playing more games than anyone else in history?

Which of his remarkable Origin successes and records deserves an asterisk next to it?

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, Smith has done enough for QLD that he can choose to do whatever the **** he wants to.
Hmmm, I'm inclined to agree to an extent, but I do think when you're the long term leader and you also happen to play a position that you've dominated in the side through your own brilliance for so long, and you're fully aware there is literally no one else in the pipeline to replace you, I think there is at least some emphasis on you to help the side you've poured so much into transition beyond you.

If he was up in the air then fair enough, but at the bare minimum he at least owed it to Kevvie and the staff to keep them in the loop about his concerns as soon as they came up. The fact they appeared to be so utterly in the dark and genuinely shocked about his retirement is for me a bridge too far and a really tough one to defend. He has every right to retire when he sees fit, but he at least owed Kevvie and the Queensland management some notice so they could consider contingency options or even try to help him work through playing on a little longer if those concerns could be abated. I think calling him a coward is disgusting, but in this instance I can see his actions as being reasonably selfish.

Last edited:
Bit much mate. What is the asterisk for with regards to him playing more games than anyone else in history?

Which of his remarkable Origin successes and records deserves an asterisk next to it?

He played a number of years for a cheating storm team, every single game he played and point he scored during that time should be struck from the record.

His lasting memory for me from origin is the enormous level of cowardice he showed last year. It's what I will remember him most for. That may not deserve an asterisk as such, but the storm 'records' certainly do.

He played a number of years for a cheating storm team, every single game he played and point he scored during that time should be struck from the record.

His lasting memory for me from origin is the enormous level of cowardice he showed last year. It's what I will remember him most for. That may not deserve an asterisk as such, but the storm 'records' certainly do.
The points scored and games won at Melbourne during those year I can to some extent wear, but he was still out there playing NRL football for over 400 games, something never before achieved and nothing can take that away from him. No matter what team he plays for during that time, he still played those games.

As for his Origin career. You're entitled to remember it however you like, that's your personal and subjective opinion, but records, statistics and numbers aren't subject to someones personal whims or emotions, they're black and white. Smith's Origin career numbers are unmatched, they quite likely will never again be matched, and he has genuinely earn't every single one of them fairly and squarely.

Last edited:
...and hating on Qldr's....they're hating on their own. It's disgraceful.

Cam Smith is one of the greatest to ever pull on a maroon jersey.

he’s a flog. He would be tolerable if not for his actions last year. But he fucked us over, why should we still bow down just because he was a good footy player. He seems to be a prick of a bloke.

Sure is, he also seems like a pretty shit bloke. It is entirely possible for the one person to be an amazing player (the best if not one of the best) and be wanker off the filed. It is also completely possible to have nothing but respect for someone's on-field performances and have no respect for other facets of his personality and career. Much like Gordon Tallis, I hate everything he has become post career but as a player is still one of my favourites, nothing about Cam Smith makes me believe I should treat him any different and no amounts of anonymous foot stamping on an internet forum will make me change my mind.

he’s a flog. He would be tolerable if not for his actions last year. But he fucked us over, why should we still bow down just because he was a good footy player. He seems to be a prick of a bloke.
Yes yes, like we could judge your worth based on your most hateful and irrational post. 🤔

Well, it's kind of obvious isn't it? I'll explain then. You say you don't like him because he 'fucked over qld'. One reason is enough, one action that you don't really know anything about is the reason you give. Was it you calling him a coward?

I live in Melbourne and have been around the storm players several times. You won't meet a nicer and more respectful bloke than Cam Smith. I don't understand why it seems cool to bag him.

Sure he manipulates the referee and does some dirty stuff on the field but he isn't alone there. We have and have had similar players. But he is one of the greatest players of all time and some of these comments border of defamation and I am not sure on what basis.

Well, it's kind of obvious isn't it? I'll explain then. You say you don't like him because he 'fucked over qld'. One reason is enough, one action that you don't really know anything about is the reason you give. Was it you calling him a coward?

bailing on your team, as captain, three weeks out from a campaign is an act of cowardice we will probably never see again in footy.

I think it rubs people the wrong way that he acts like he's not a grub. He has done interviews where he claims the Storm doesn't wrestle as much as other teams..Who could forget his reaction to finally being penalised a few weeks back for rubbish on the face.- he acted as though he didn't do what everyone saw. Remember that final game vs Canberra a couple of years back when he attacked the already injured leg of a player after the try had been scored. You would never see any of this crap from Lockyer. At least other players own the fact that they are grubs.

I think it rubs people the wrong way that he acts like he's not a grub. He has done interviews where he claims the Storm doesn't wrestle as much as other teams..Who could forget his reaction to finally being penalised a few weeks back for rubbish on the face.- he acted as though he didn't do what everyone saw. Remember that final game vs Canberra a couple of years back when he attacked the already injured leg of a player after the try had been scored. You would never see any of this crap from Lockyer. At least other players own the fact that they are grubs.

this is it. His efforts for qld bought him an element of goodwill from me, but he then shat all over that by waving a white flag when his team probably needed him the most. He straight up thought we were going to get pumped and didn’t want to be part of it.

so no, it’s not disgraceful to hate him despite him being a qlder. Maybe he’s lived in Vic for to long because a qlder wouldn’t abandon his mates like that.

Cameron's a wanker.

My loyalty is to the Broncos. Smith is a grubby, salary cap cheating, wrestling hypocrite who pretends to be a good **** but is one of the worst sports in the game. Him and Bellamy are almost inarguably the biggest cancer on rugby league. They pioneered bending the refs and the rules to gain an unfair advantage to an absolute precision level. Not their fault (good on them really...) that the NRL are too weak to enforce their own rulebook but as a fan, I'll absolutely hate them for it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.