NEWS Cameron Smith’s warning to Broncos as rivals circle stars

Nice way for Smith to divert attention away from Melbourne's young talent.

..its how you play the game though right....aren't they trying to tie down Fama....whatever the hell that last name is....young front rower...plus they have lost Stimson to Bulldogs and Welchs name keeps coming up as a potential goner also...

Look after your own club CS.....your opinion about us inst required nor sorted....

My biggest fear is that Melbourne will land Fifita for 2020+

If the Broncs lose Fifita because of these stupid contracts to GIllett, Boyd, Bird, etc then yes, some sackings near the top need to happen. That said, there is a lot of back-ended money sitting in some of those stupid contracts, so it shouldn't be that hard to work around them with this kid, he is absolutely worth it.

I mean this is how I would put the priorities:

1. Milford (not a priority, shoot me down for this but not a priority to re-sign because of how high his wage is. Sign him for half that when re-signing and keep him for sure)
2. Oates (I absolutely love Corey, as most do but if we lose him to keep Fifita, do it. If his re-signing doesn't affect that, sign him up for sure)
3. Staggs (Priority keep but think he has a decent length contract already)
4. Bird (Do not keep, hopefully a Sydney club will take on most of his wage, if not let him go when his contract ends)
5. Isaako (Signed long-term, not on huge money I imagine, definitely not a priority re-signing)
6. Boyd (Will not be re-signed and hopefully retires sooner rather than later, maybe Bennett can 'fix' him too)
7. Turpin (Re-signed, good to lock him away, gun hooker or utility)
8. Haas (long-term signed, the shining light in an era of some head-scratching signings)
9. Macca (Stoopid player options in contracts, try and ship him out or play him in ISC, he is a decent back up option but not on what he is currently being paid)
10. Lodge (Re-signed, hopefully not on too much which I fear he is)
11. Glenn (Non-priority re-signing, problem is that he is the only older player currently worth a decent wage and the only older player that the club cannot afford to give one too, I fear he will be lost)
12. TPJ (Re-signed, a key plank in the forward pack moving forward if he can learn consistency)
13. Joffa (Re-signed, extremely underrated, very good re-signing and I think this is his position)

14. Segs (Non-priority re-signing, pay him minimum wage on a year by year basis)
15. Kennedy (Love what he offers but not for anything above minimum wage at this point in time)
16. Carrigan (He is coming good, I feel it might end up being a case of him or Joffa being retained in some point in a few years from now, glad he is locked up for a few more years, can see so many similarities to Parker's trajectory)
17. Fifita (Absolute number one re-signing priority, keep him at all costs, even if it means letting others go)

18. Gillett (On an awful deal for the club, his body is shot, suspect he may be closer to retirement than perhaps even he may think, I would prefer to keep Glenn, didn't think I'd say that a few years ago)
19. Flegler (Non-priority re-signing, look I love this kid as much as anyone else seriously, he offers so much but if you had to choose between him and Fifita, see ya Tommy because of the others middles the team already has, hopefully we can keep him though, he is a future star obviously)
20. Dearden (An important re-signing, the signs are all there but I wouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at an at this point promising but unproven and possibly injury prone kid)
21. Coates (Re-signed but looks possibly two years at least from being ready and/or breaking out)

22. Farnworth (This kid is further along than Coates but where to fit these two in the side? Boyd and Bird will be gone soon most likely and Isaako is just not having a great season but this is due to some extremely understandable reasons, he is probably ready now and Isaako should watch his back, priority re-signing but not as urgent as Fifita)
23. Paix (Re-signed longish term so the club sees a lot they like in him, not really needing to be discussed, no idea if he is a half, hooker or utility moving forward)
24. SOS (Non-priority re-signing, his last half of football and some games at the Roosters were EXTREMELY promising but unproven, keep him for sure but on minimum wage

Everyone else, who cares?

My biggest fear is that Melbourne will land Fifita for 2020+

I actually don’t think money is the main issue with Fifita re-signing.
He of course will want a good deal but more importantly he will want to be confident the club is building to something.
If we have the same sort of season next year as we look like having this year I think he will want to move on and no amount of money can fix that.
Over to you Siebs.

hard to consieve a worst season for the club than this one...i mean wed have to be VERY VERY bad with every first team player injured or something to be worse...

Im confident we will defo improve next season.....cause we simply must be better..!

If the Broncs lose Fifita because of these stupid contracts to GIllett, Boyd, Bird, etc then yes, some sackings near the top need to happen. That said, there is a lot of back-ended money sitting in some of those stupid contracts, so it shouldn't be that hard to work around them with this kid, he is absolutely worth it.

I mean this is how I would put the priorities:

1. Milford (not a priority, shoot me down for this but not a priority to re-sign because of how high his wage is. Sign him for half that when re-signing and keep him for sure)
2. Oates (I absolutely love Corey, as most do but if we lose him to keep Fifita, do it. If his re-signing doesn't affect that, sign him up for sure)
3. Staggs (Priority keep but think he has a decent length contract already)
4. Bird (Do not keep, hopefully a Sydney club will take on most of his wage, if not let him go when his contract ends)
5. Isaako (Signed long-term, not on huge money I imagine, definitely not a priority re-signing)
6. Boyd (Will not be re-signed and hopefully retires sooner rather than later, maybe Bennett can 'fix' him too)
7. Turpin (Re-signed, good to lock him away, gun hooker or utility)
8. Haas (long-term signed, the shining light in an era of some head-scratching signings)
9. Macca (Stoopid player options in contracts, try and ship him out or play him in ISC, he is a decent back up option but not on what he is currently being paid)
10. Lodge (Re-signed, hopefully not on too much which I fear he is)
11. Glenn (Non-priority re-signing, problem is that he is the only older player currently worth a decent wage and the only older player that the club cannot afford to give one too, I fear he will be lost)
12. TPJ (Re-signed, a key plank in the forward pack moving forward if he can learn consistency)
13. Joffa (Re-signed, extremely underrated, very good re-signing and I think this is his position)

14. Segs (Non-priority re-signing, pay him minimum wage on a year by year basis)
15. Kennedy (Love what he offers but not for anything above minimum wage at this point in time)
16. Carrigan (He is coming good, I feel it might end up being a case of him or Joffa being retained in some point in a few years from now, glad he is locked up for a few more years, can see so many similarities to Parker's trajectory)
17. Fifita (Absolute number one re-signing priority, keep him at all costs, even if it means letting others go)

18. Gillett (On an awful deal for the club, his body is shot, suspect he may be closer to retirement than perhaps even he may think, I would prefer to keep Glenn, didn't think I'd say that a few years ago)
19. Flegler (Non-priority re-signing, look I love this kid as much as anyone else seriously, he offers so much but if you had to choose between him and Fifita, see ya Tommy because of the others middles the team already has, hopefully we can keep him though, he is a future star obviously)
20. Dearden (An important re-signing, the signs are all there but I wouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at an at this point promising but unproven and possibly injury prone kid)
21. Coates (Re-signed but looks possibly two years at least from being ready and/or breaking out)

22. Farnworth (This kid is further along than Coates but where to fit these two in the side? Boyd and Bird will be gone soon most likely and Isaako is just not having a great season but this is due to some extremely understandable reasons, he is probably ready now and Isaako should watch his back, priority re-signing but not as urgent as Fifita)
23. Paix (Re-signed longish term so the club sees a lot they like in him, not really needing to be discussed, no idea if he is a half, hooker or utility moving forward)
24. SOS (Non-priority re-signing, his last half of football and some games at the Roosters were EXTREMELY promising but unproven, keep him for sure but on minimum wage

Everyone else, who cares?

It’s gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Milford.. I’m sure broncos will want to keep him but money talks. maybe the dragons will offer him huge money like they did with Hunt

I think the club will be able to keep the ones they want to keep. There may be one that gets away. Milf should not be going anywhere. I see this forward pack as a tight group who want to play together and win together. If anyone goes it will be Bird and Boyd.

Wayne and the board need a fucking uppercut for the Gillett, Macca and Boyd deals. Utter fucking shit.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Organix
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.