Cameron Smith

Anyone who says they wouldn't want the Australian hooker at the team they love has had too much to drink. Ennis is all but gone, so rather than dwelling on it saying, "Ennis should resign, we don't need Smith", why don't we consider what we know.

Yeah, I know which is why I said "as long as they get a good young halfback".

I think Smith is aiming for a return here, his contract with the Storm ends at the same time Lockyer's contract ends here.

I wouldn't have a problem with Cam Smith coming here [icon_wink But as others have said, it's a bit early to be thinking about it now.

broncoangel said:
But as others have said, it's a bit early to be thinking about it now.

Oh yeah. Of course it is! [icon_ee

I like him more than Ennis, even though Ennis is one of my favourite players. And as much as I think Ennis will get closer and closer to Smith's level, and with them being very similar players in the way they play...it's still obvious Smith will probably always be better. I dunno how much he'd cost though, so maybe keeping the cheaper Ennis would have been the easier option. And also this might be BS anyway.

If he wants to come to the Broncos and we can afford him why wouldn't we take him ?? I only hate him when he is in the Storm jersey. Ennis is my prefered option though

Alec said:
I like him more than Ennis, even though Ennis is one of my favourite players. And as much as I think Ennis will get closer and closer to Smith's level, and with them being very similar players in the way they play...it's still obvious Smith will probably always be better. I dunno how much he'd cost though, so maybe keeping the cheaper Ennis would have been the easier option. And also this might be BS anyway.

Really? IMO Smith's a far more organisational halfback really... I'd relate Ennis' game to being that which we see from Farah and De Gois, whereas Smith's almost a second halfback...

mick! said:
Alec said:

Really? IMO Smith's a far more organisational halfback really... I'd relate Ennis' game to being that which we see from Farah and De Gois, whereas Smith's almost a second halfback...

Yeah, I kinda agree. Ennis is still an organizer / 2nd halfback though, but he isn't anywhere near as good at it as Smith. I rate Smith as the 2nd best organizer after Scott Prince, and that's why I rate those types of hookers all so highly. Ennis, Farah and De Gois (I guess) are all organizers as well, but they aren't up to Smith's level yet.

Ennis and Smith are both class. I'd be happy with either one.

rnabokov said:

Smith is class, Ennis is a guy who showed little in his career until 2 months ago. Lets not bundle him in that class just yet, plenty of talent yes but he isn't "class" yet, do it for a season or so and then we are talking.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
rnabokov said:

Smith is class, Ennis is a guy who showed little in his career until 2 months ago. Lets not bundle him in that class just yet, plenty of talent yes but he isn't "class" yet, do it for a season or so and then we are talking.

True - but Ennis is still showing he has IT.

As I said - I'd be happy with either one.

I think we may well end up with him. I wouldnt mind him coming seeing as Locky will probably be going at the end of next year. Would be similar money.

However I am not looking forward to all of the speculation that is going to come along with it. If he is going to go elsewhere he should do it quickly and not drag it out, for the sake of the fans.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.