Can we talk about Gillett's trip?

Summed up pretty well above its only a trip because he lifts his leg Thurston definitly milks it . Refs had to call it though. It shows a lack of composure that we continue to come up with dumb errors under pressure

Just watching the replay again, why didn't he just tackle him. He watched him coming and had plenty of time to set. I know he was worried about the outside men but his body positioning was terrible.

If you watch the play back in real-time and not the super slow-mo it looks like a trip.

For those who watched the 9 coverage like I had to it didn't help matters. Vossy on FoxSports picked it up right away so it didn't feel as if Cecchin just found a way to penalise the team.

In real-time, from the hard camera shot it's a fairly blatant trip. Silly stuff from Gillett who looked to be playing on guts and not much else.

Gillett takes early guilty plea, no suspension just points

can he take the suspension and serve it during the world club challenge?

A trip is when you intentionally and go out of your way to stick your leg out. He was entitled to stop on the spot, pivot his body back and not get out of Thurstons way. Only problem was raising leg afterwards and not rolling out the red carpet for Thurston to have a fairytale try. Thurston then masterfully milked it he has the step to go around if he is truly evading the defender. Looked worse than it was and was a lot less than a Reynold's penalty free special. By today's standards no charge but if they want to start charging real trips and giving them a couple of weeks minimum I'm all for it.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • Organix
  • Adammacca
  • IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.