Cap issues or not?

Dave said:
broncospwn said:
Frank the Tank said:
id go so far as to say even $150 is being generous. 250k is the type of money that forwards like Dallas Johnson, Nate Myles, etc should be getting even with their wealth of origin experience.

I reckon hannat is work 200-220 k MAX, no way is he worth 350.

I don't see why my post was deleted, so I'm re-posting this post ;)

I reckon the reason Hannat has secured such a good contract is that there is a lack of quality front rowers in the NRL at the moment. Look at Origin - the 2 best forwards on the field were well into their 30's and gave the young blokes a lesson. Each NRL team probably has 5-6 props in their top 25 players and really probably the only quality, pure front rowers going around are:

Price
Petero
Bailey
Ryles
Kite
Cayless
Asotasi

With the up and comers being:

Hannant
Poore
Luke Douglas

That is 10 I can think of who are/will be top class out of the 80/90 spots that clubs are looking to fill with front row talent. I know there are a few blokes out injured at the moment and there are plenty of blokes who can fill a spot in the front row but when you play back rowers as props in big games you get found out pretty quickly.

the roosters have one awesome forward pack.

and the one NSW prop isn't even in your top 10. Douglas will be a rep player next season for sure.

mrslong said:
and the one NSW prop isn't even in your top 10. Douglas will be a rep player next season for sure.

That's because I listed quality or up and coming props only. Sooks who wear skirts don't make my list sorry

Dave said:
mrslong said:

That's because I listed quality or up and coming props only. Sooks who wear skirts don't make my list sorry
i know... [icon_lol1. *flash backs of White getting owned by Carroll on debut* [icon_evillaugh

mrslong said:

Cause he sucks.

I think White is a good prop, I do doubt whether he has or will have the edge needed to play well in Origin. Has been very good for a while now for the Storm.

broncospwn said:
mrslong said:

Cause he sucks.
I was making a point about how crap the NSW selectors are [icon_lol1.

Wallace is to be given an upgrade starting from next year so that's a big reason why we are losing players It's not just falou.

broncospwn said:
Wallace is to be given an upgrade starting from next year so that's a big reason why we are losing players It's not just falou.

do you have a source? or is that just pure speculation?

bfoord said:
broncospwn said:

Read the broncos contract thread, I posted in there a full post about it.

Wallace sitting pretty

Peter Wallace, who was the NSW halfback before a ruptured testicle blew him out of the water for State of Origin III, will begin negotiations on a new contract with Brisbane next week. Wallace's manager, Allan Gainey, will meet Broncos football manager Peter Nolan. Gainey said Wallace was likely to extend his stay with the Broncos if their offer was attractive. "Peter is already contracted until the end of next year and the Broncos want to sign him for another three years after that," Gainey said. A new deal would incorporate an increase for next year as well. Wallace has a clause in his contract for the terms to be reviewed if he played Origin. Several other clubs are keen to chase Wallace if he can't reach an agreement with Brisbane, but Gainey said the early indications were that his charge was likely to stay. "We haven't talked figures with the Broncos yet, but they have initiated the talks," he said. "They want to extend his deal, so I expect they'll come up with a good offer."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bu ... 74643.html

broncospwn said:
bfoord said:
broncospwn said:

Read the broncos contract thread, I posted in there a full post about it.

Wallace sitting pretty

Peter Wallace, who was the NSW halfback before a ruptured testicle blew him out of the water for State of Origin III, will begin negotiations on a new contract with Brisbane next week. Wallace's manager, Allan Gainey, will meet Broncos football manager Peter Nolan. Gainey said Wallace was likely to extend his stay with the Broncos if their offer was attractive. "Peter is already contracted until the end of next year and the Broncos want to sign him for another three years after that," Gainey said. A new deal would incorporate an increase for next year as well. Wallace has a clause in his contract for the terms to be reviewed if he played Origin. Several other clubs are keen to chase Wallace if he can't reach an agreement with Brisbane, but Gainey said the early indications were that his charge was likely to stay. "We haven't talked figures with the Broncos yet, but they have initiated the talks," he said. "They want to extend his deal, so I expect they'll come up with a good offer."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bu ... 74643.html

We really need him - he should be an absolute priority.

They better come up with a good offer! He is they guy we can build our club around in the future.

Also we need to keep him because there arent many good halfbacks around these days, they are few and far between!

I would say we have let so many players go so we can give Wallace a good offer, surely Bruno isn't stupid enough to let him walk out on us too.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.