Captain Glenn, for sure

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The first captain (other than Patty Carrigan and Brodie Croft) to lead the Broncos to a wooden spoon, reckons he's the right man to bring it home. Alex Glenn said:

“I still believe I am the right guy to lead this group. If Kevvie doesn’t want me (as captain), I would respect his decision and I wouldn’t change the way I try and help the younger guys. But ultimately I would like to keep the captaincy. It’s a massive honour to captain the club. I look at the captains who have led this club in the past and they are legends of the game. I just want to do everyone proud. I would never consider myself a legend like Allan Langer, Gorden Tallis and Locky, but it’s a huge honour to have the Broncos captaincy."

“I have a bit of redemption after the year I had last year. I had a number of injuries which kept me off the field and I believe I am the best type of captain when I am on the field leading with my actions. It’s hard to lead from the front when you can’t be out there to help the guys. I want to go out there and play more games this season. That’s where I do my best work as captain.”

Walters, as always, is saying dick:

“Alex is in the box seat. What I have said to everyone is that I wanted to use this pre-season to sort out the captaincy and our leadership group. Alex is the frontrunner at this stage (for the captaincy). He has the experience and he has been a consistent player for the Broncos over a long period of time."

“But Alex’s credentials are as good as anyone’s. That’s good signs for him.”

D17382787292aeb478271bba06158d48

Not from NSW

For some reason, someone asked Gorden Tallis:

“I don’t think Alex deserves to lose the captaincy because no-one else is really jumping out of the ground to deserve it. But this is the year where some guys can stand up and put their hand up to captain the club.”

McHunt

Last edited:
The first captain (other than Patty Carrigan and Brodie Croft) to lead the Broncos to a wooden spoon, reckons he's the right man to bring it home. Alex Glenn said:

“I still believe I am the right guy to lead this group. If Kevvie doesn’t want me (as captain), I would respect his decision and I wouldn’t change the way I try and help the younger guys. But ultimately I would like to keep the captaincy. It’s a massive honour to captain the club. I look at the captains who have led this club in the past and they are legends of the game. I just want to do everyone proud. I would never consider myself a legend like Allan Langer, Gorden Tallis and Locky, but it’s a huge honour to have the Broncos captaincy."

“I have a bit of redemption after the year I had last year. I had a number of injuries which kept me off the field and I believe I am the best type of captain when I am on the field leading with my actions. It’s hard to lead from the front when you can’t be out there to help the guys. I want to go out there and play more games this season. That’s where I do my best work as captain.”

Walters, as always, is saying dick:

“Alex is in the box seat. What I have said to everyone is that I wanted to use this pre-season to sort out the captaincy and our leadership group. Alex is the frontrunner at this stage (for the captaincy). He has the experience and he has been a consistent player for the Broncos over a long period of time."

“But Alex’s credentials are as good as anyone’s. That’s good signs for him.”

View attachment 11337
Not from NSW

For some reason, someone asked Gorden Tallis:

“I don’t think Alex deserves to lose the captaincy because no-one else is really jumping out of the ground to deserve it. But this is the year where some guys can stand up and put their hand up to captain the club.”

McHunt
For some reason someone asked Gorden Tallis😂 I cannot stop laughing

It's a shame. Alex really shouldn't be in the 13.....maybe in the 17....maybe.

You can't have your captain starting on the bench ....ALA the Blues & Kurt Gidley (>snigger<)

He's past his prime which really never hit the highs anyway. An honest toiler......ready for the glue factory.

That said....I don't rate Carrigan as skipper either......TBH its hard to rate any of the *****.

Historically we've looked to our halves to be the captain.......would it be too hard for Milford and totally **** his brain......or would it inspire him to play out of his skin?

Would taking a punt on Deardens potential..... be too far out there?

It's a shame. Alex really shouldn't be in the 13.....maybe in the 17....maybe.

You can't have your captain starting on the bench ....ALA the Blues & Kurt Gidley (>snigger<)

He's past his prime which really never hit the highs anyway. An honest toiler......ready for the glue factory.

That said....I don't rate Carrigan as skipper either......TBH its hard to rate any of the *****.

Historically we've looked to our halves to be the captain.......would it be too hard for Milford and totally **** his brain......or would it inspire him to play out of his skin?

Would taking a punt on Deardens potential..... be too far out there?
What i find really disappointing is others (staff and players) have spoken/commented about the captaincy for milf but not once to my knowledge has he come out and put his hand up and say "i want it, i want to lead this team!". I mean seriously, he is one of our most experienced players, plays in the halves (which are traditionally leaders on the field) and is the highest paid broncos ever and he does not want this role!

Can’t wait for the social media blasts

HScreenshot 2021 02 25 Race over Broncos all but lock in 2021 captain

In lieu of anything better to make up today, the Shit Factory is rehashing this angle with a quote from Paul White:

“I think Lexi will do a wonderful job if he is given the captaincy role. It was hard to take on that role with the year we had (last season). There will be a little less pressure on the group this year. The thing I love about Alex Glenn is his commitment to the club and he always has a smile on his face."

“Those players are infectious. If you have a conversation with Lexi you feel better after it. He captained our under-20s team and has leadership ability. He is always learning. He should be proud of his career and make the most of this year. I hope he takes a leaf out of (former skipper) Darren Lockyer’s book and squeeze the juice out of the orange.”

And here's Lexy to tie a neat bow at the end:

“Mentally, I have the passion to play another two years, but physically it‘s whether the body can hold on. I don’t want to be that player who says you know what, I should have retired, I went a year too long. I would love to get the captaincy again — it’s quite surreal how it’s all turned around for me."

“Thankfully I didn’t rush into a decision to sign with Penrith, I relied on my form and football to handle it and the Broncos kept me, then I got given the captaincy. I feel blessed to be able to say I‘m a one-club man. I will see how I go in the first half of the season and then I will make a call on my future.”

McHunt

This obviously all hinges on Smith now. Smith will be captain for sure if he’s coming, but the Broncos won’t want Lexi to be seen as second pick so they’ll back him until Smith makes his intention public.

This obviously all hinges on Smith now. Smith will be captain for sure if he’s coming, but the Broncos won’t want Lexi to be seen as second pick so they’ll back him until Smith makes his intention public.
They’ll hold at announcing a captain until they’re certain Smith isn’t coming. They can’t back Lexi one week then flip on him as soon as Smith arrives. It’s bad look for everyone involved.

Has there ever been a player that has said, I wish I retired?

Glennland... Concede 50 one day, pick up a ride the next

27E8E313 7CF5 42F1 B6EC 7B1948726360

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.