Captain's challenge

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I'm trying to think of ways that the challenge may be rorted. I'm thinking of a situation where a team is on their line defending say their third set of six and are out on their feet. A player goes offside and the ref calls penalty. Could the defending captain call time out and challenge the decision thus giving his team a breather and the time to reset?

Can you think of any other ways it might be 'used'?

the problem with rorting it is that as soon as you are unsuccessful you lose your challenge for that half ... similar to the DRS.

so imagine you have rorted the challenge, then the opposition go to the other end and are wrongly awarded a try ... only you can't challenge it.

the problem with rorting it is that as soon as you are unsuccessful you lose your challenge for that half ... similar to the DRS.

so imagine you have rorted the challenge, then the opposition go to the other end and are wrongly awarded a try ... only you can't challenge it.
Unless there's a minute left on the clock, you are up by 2and defending your line 5 straight sets in a row. If you have a challenge left then you could try that tactic.

Unless there's a minute left on the clock, you are up by 2and defending your line 5 straight sets in a row. If you have a challenge left then you could try that tactic.
Exactly. I can see smith at the storm using this no worries.

The captains challenge should only be applicable to decisions made on potential scoring plays.

A wrong call about a knock on the 45m line is part of sport. You cop it and move on and eventually it will work in your favour and even out.

Would be the perfect use in say the Matt Gillett 40 m offside sinbin

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.