Carl Webb doing it tough

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I was a bit sad to hear Charlie Webb is battling motor neuron disease. They guy is only 39 too. Never forget that barnstorming try he scored on debut against the Blues. Or the time he had a 'Q' cut into his hair.

He's still a Broncos supporter, and I wish him all the best in his latest battle.

Yeah I heard about that myself, not good. I too wish him all the best and his family for what he is going through.

What a fucking terrible disease.

when I was a kid I went up and tapped him on the shoulder wanting to say gday, the bloke was fucking enormous. I’m not sure if he just completely brushed me or if he didn’t even feel it

Last edited:
bloody terrible. I have a friend of the family with it and there are some decent drugs to slow that shit. Hope it can for him. All the best Charlie Webb .

Last week the Courier wrote in a story about Dalby league the late Carl Webb.

They printed an apology the next day but gee not hard to get right.

Last edited:
Last week the Courier wrote in a story about Dalby league the late Carl Webb.

They printed an apology the next day but gee not hard to get right.
Yikes. That's grim.

Hopefully the men of league outfit can help him out.
That is the sort of thing I think it should be for.

He
Hopefully the men of league outfit can help him out.
That is the sort of thing I think it should be for.
just said on 7 news that he is being supported by some great organisations. I assume that would be one of them.

For 99.9% of people it is an unmemorable ride from maternity suite to infirmary. I still remember Charlie Webb. Not many get to put a dent in the universe. I still remember that Origin try.

**** me that’s horrible, I wish the best for the poor bloke. An old friend of mines father had it when he was a child and passed from it, such a sad and tough battle for him and his family.

A family member of mine passed away from MND a fair while ago now. Unfortunately, it's a grim march to death. That's the cold reality.

I always liked the guy as a player and thought Bennett was a complete knob for not keeping him.

Poor bloke, what an evil disease. Thoughts are with him.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.