CASUALTIES & SUSPENSIONS 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

Exactly the response that news deserved.

He is absolutely trying to get the idea in other clubs heads that his shit form has been down to niggling injuries, rather than his own attitude/work ethic. If this has been dogging him for awhile, why didn't he get this surgery done over the off season rather than playing like garbage when it matters?

So either he's full of shit or he's an idiot. Pick one.

Reactions: LGH
Exactly the response that news deserved.

He is absolutely trying to get the idea in other clubs heads that his shit form has been down to niggling injuries, rather than his own attitude/work ethic. If this has been dogging him for awhile, why didn't he get this surgery done over the off season rather than playing like garbage when it matters?

So either he's full of shit or he's an idiot. Pick one.

the report was it's been an issue since like 2019 ... so he's literally had 2 full off seasons and a 6 week COVId break to get a surgery done that will only keep him out for a month

Reactions: LGH
He’s tougher than he gets credit for.

I know he's shit but I also know he's tough, to cop the criticism he gets every week over the course of the past 2-3 years and not have booked himself in for time off due to mental health issues shows he is tough, I feel sorry for the kid.

He is a result of the NRL and clubs throwing desperate money around to lure a potential superstar to the club, look at Ash Taylor. Same sort of salary, he has had mental health issues and it's unlikely he will get even half of what he is getting now next year, he's also at a club that historically hasn't won shit but that's okay because there is no expectation on him. Right now all the expectation at that club is on the likes of David Fifita (which in time could prove to be another circumstance of a young kid being asked to do too much purely because an NRL club got desperate).

I know he's shit but I also know he's tough, to cop the criticism he gets every week over the course of the past 2-3 years and not have booked himself in for time off due to mental health issues shows he is tough, I feel sorry for the kid.

He is a result of the NRL and clubs throwing desperate money around to lure a potential superstar to the club, look at Ash Taylor. Same sort of salary, he has had mental health issues and it's unlikely he will get even half of what he is getting now next year, he's also at a club that historically hasn't won shit but that's okay because there is no expectation on him. Right now all the expectation at that club is on the likes of David Fifita (which in time could prove to be another circumstance of a young kid being asked to do too much purely because an NRL club got desperate).

So what you're saying is, in the end, it's the Storm's fault for offering him big $? :P

So what you're saying is, in the end, it's the Storm's fault for offering him big $? :P

I think losing Ben Hunt was a huge thing in all of it, we never replaced him and asked Milford to be the ball runner and the controlling half. It was never going to work.

I think losing Ben Hunt was a huge thing in all of it, we never replaced him and asked Milford to be the ball runner and the controlling half. It was never going to work.
Hunt was failing at the Broncos and was a broken man. He did the best thing. He's recovered quite well. It's sensational for him to be so well paid. Normally broken players don't attract huge money.

Screenshot 20210613 154139 Chrome

So Kobe's send off offence was soo bad it warranted a fucking fine, but Proctor is looking at a suspension for his penalty sufficient.

Explain that one Annesley you ****

Annersley doesn't have to explain anything anymore. Coaches or players can't complain about refereeing. The media is bought and paid for and won't ask hard questions.

We are now in a place where refereeing is completely unaccountable. When was the last time a ref was demoted or sacked?

Can't remember when.

And to make matters worse - the on-ground referee no longer runs the game - the faceless man in the appropriately named "Bunker" does, and probably whoever is constantly talking to the ref through his ear piece telling him when to award six-agains.

Wherever you have UNACCOUNTABILITY you have corruption.

I really want to see us challenge the Hetherington fine (I know we won't) and even threaten to sue if this goes through. Why should we or Hetherington have to pay a fine so that the NRL can save face? THEY should be issuing an apology.

It’s a perfect opportunity to take the nrl on with this fine, they’ve shown their hand with a week verdict, they know the ref fucked up. Tell them to jam the fine and carry over point clean up their pie hole.

I keep saying it but the silence from the club regarding the bullshit we are put through is shitting on the fans at this point. We just want a fair game but we don't have the voice they do and they're just allowing it to continue. Why? Because we are lucky the N(sw)RL allows us into their competition? **** that, they're lucky to have us. It's at the point where walking off the field is the only option. The players/staff etc. not caring makes it seem like they want the club to fail and makes those conspiracy theories seem valid.

How has there been no reaction from the club?

I keep saying it but the silence from the club regarding the bullshit we are put through is shitting on the fans at this point. We just want a fair game but we don't have the voice they do and they're just allowing it to continue. Why? Because we are lucky the N(sw)RL allows us into their competition? **** that, they're lucky to have us. It's at the point where walking off the field is the only option. The players/staff etc. not caring makes it seem like they want the club to fail and makes those conspiracy theories seem valid.

How has there been no reaction from the club?
Couldn't agree more.

I think i'm being harsh on Kev when each week I just want him to blast the shithouse refs in a press conference. He is a new coach etc, doesn't want to get them offside, probably doesn't want his employers to have to fork out 10k. But at what point does he stand up for the team and the fans?

Imagine if Bellamy, Robbo, Stuart, Hasler, Cleary led teams copped what we do on a weekly basis atm? The lopsided penalty and 6 again counts, the garbage we face as the spotlight game every friday which sets the tone for how the rest of the weekend is reffed. The blatant blatant relaxation of rules when teams play us (just look at the 10m line in any of our games, or our ruck speed vs those against or in other games you watch. You then have 99% if our 6 agains being on tackle 1 as opposed to 3/4/5 for the opposition. You then ask yourself, why is every team suddenly perfect across the park against us?

Maybe Kev doesn't want to give the players an out? Its easier to call this shit out when your winning your share of games, but its at the point currently where as a team well down on form, confidence and talent, that they just cannot deal with the adversity and pressure these calls are causing.

Now, yes, we need to be better at this. Broncos of old were better at this. We lived through the myth that was #penaltybroncos and remained a competitive team despite not getting fair penalties due to the stigma around #penaltybroncos. The top teams deal better with this, but we just arent being given a chance.

Im not excusing our poor form, and ref faulting every loss. We are pissweak with no spine at the best of times, I just want to see our games reffed the same as other games, and us get the same treatment as all the other teams and currently, that isnt happening and as a member and loyal fan, I want someone to speak out about it.

I apologise to anyone who has read this far and for ranting, just seeing all this negative Broncos shit in the media really irks me and how much I (probably stupidly) care about this sport and team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.