Centenary Test side

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
A couple of weeks to go until the Test Match who would be in your side.. The SLater/ Hunt duel is a toughie IMO. The rest of the team is easy.

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Falou
6. Lockyer if fit / Anasta
7. Thurston
8. Civonievieva
9. Smith
10. Bailey
11. Laffaranchi
12. Hindmarsh
13. Johnson

14. Mason
15. O'Donnell
16. Hoffman
17. Greg Bird

1. Slater
2. Folau
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer/Anasta
7. Thurston
8. Bailey
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Lefranchi
12. Mason
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Crocker
16. Hannant
17. Tupou

i dont know about O'Donnell, his form isnt that great.

But thats a good looking side. I really hope they dont pick Locky cos he wont be 100% and i can feel that something will go wrong. I'd have Prince at half and Thurston at 5/8.

Not totally comfortable with this team yet, as we're only a few weeks in.

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Gasnier
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Anasta
7. Thurston
8. Bailey
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Laffranchi
12. Hindmarsh
13. Johnson

14. Mason
15. Hoffman
16. Crocker
17. Lockyer

Lockyer hasn't played alot of footy for a while but I don't think he should be completely discarded. His attack has, under the circumstances, still looked reasonably sharp in the short amount of game time he's had. His presence alone, if anything, is just about enough reason to have him there. By the time the Test comes around he'll probably still be plagued by a little bit of soreness as his doctor suggested, so perhaps (and this may be a bit of Bronco bias coming out) a bench start may be the go in what is usually a very physical opening against the Kiwi. If it is decided that by either form or fitness Lockyer won't be playing, then i'd throw Gidley the 17 jumper.

This is also the closet i've come to not considering Hunt. Slater's form simply can't be ignored at present and, unlike Bowen, Billy instills a bit more confidence in me with regards to all areas of his defensive game, which will be alot more important in the Test arena. Nevertheless, Hunt still has the runs on the board, hasn't let the team down in the past and is enjoying decent form himself at the moment.

The pack, though impressive, isn't the most mobile option available but its a bit of a horses for courses situation in a Test against the Kiwis. Size, experience and a player or two with ball playing ability should suffice.

Don't have a problem with playing Inglis and Folau out of position for this game. They'll manage and Inglis has done well there before.

Anyone who doesn't have Gidley on the bench is kidding themselves. He is probably the form back in the comp if not player and is just about the games most versatile player he has played every position for the Knights except prop. He is a certainty.

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.