OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

I wonder how enforceable an employment contract would be after COVID has required the position to move interstate?

I wonder how enforceable an employment contract would be after COVID has required the position to move interstate?
The same thing applies to CEO as to players. If they are unhappy and want to move, you are better off negotiating the best deal for yourself and just letting them go. Can you imagine the dangers of having a disaffected, pissed off individual as your CEO running your entire operation.

That is why I think if Donaghy and family genuinely want to come home, it is likely to happen. In the past we have been used by Bellamy and Smith to screw Melbourne into paying more money.

The same thing applies to CEO as to players. If they are unhappy and want to move, you are better off negotiating the best deal for yourself and just letting them go. Can you imagine the dangers of having a disaffected, pissed off individual as your CEO running your entire operation.

That is why I think if Donaghy and family genuinely want to come home, it is likely to happen. In the past we have been used by Bellamy and Smith to screw Melbourne into paying more money.
More than likely Donaghy was the one who offered them more. Wonder if he’ll offer himself more to stay.

More than likely Donaghy was the one who offered them more. Wonder if he’ll offer himself more to stay.
If it is a money thing, Melbourne will most likely win and he will stay there.

The broncos ceo is the highest paying in the game by a fair margin.
You misunderstood me I think. I was not comparing the salaries, I was just commenting that if it is just a money thing for him and he is using the wanting to move back to Brisbane as a negotiating tactic, then the Melbourne owners have the financial capacity to pay him more and it is likely he will stay.

If it is a money thing, Melbourne will most likely win and he will stay there.
How so...we just reduce some of the shareholders loot and bingo we're a football team again. **** White and his corporates.

How so...we just reduce some of the shareholders loot and bingo we're a football team again. **** White and his corporates.
I must not be expressing myself well or something. I am not saying that we could not outbid them, just that he would not have a genuine intention to leave Melbourne. His wife has a successful business down there as well I think which may impact on their willingness to relocate.

I must not be expressing myself well or something. I am not saying that we could not outbid them, just that he would not have a genuine intention to leave Melbourne. His wife has a successful business down there as well I think which may impact on their willingness to relocate.
Perhaps. Understand he wants to return. Wife may have a successful business down there but at a reported five years $1m a year may I respectfully suggest he has a better one up here.

Perhaps. Understand he wants to return. Wife may have a successful business down there but at a reported five years $1m a year may I respectfully suggest he has a better one up here.
No, I am talking about Donaghy, not Bellamy, the alleged $1M a year for five years offer was the offer for Bellamy as the coaching director.

Last edited:
No, I am talking about Donaghy, not Bellamy, the alleged $1M a year for five years offer was the offer for Bellamy as the coaching director.
Ok my apologies. Misunderstood.

Actually I think both are a real chance. I'd wager they’re both having a chat about it. A real challenge, but that’s what life’s all about - yeah.

Actually I think both are a real chance. I'd wager they’re both having a chat about it. A real challenge, but that’s what life’s all about - yeah.
Mate I hope you are right, because that would be a real coup.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.