OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

As long as we get Donaghy I don't particularly care if White hangs around for a couple of months.

Can you explain why you're so keen to me? It's a legitimate question- I have never met him, or had anything to do with him.

Can you explain why you're so keen to me? It's a legitimate question- I have never met him, or had anything to do with him.

More of a gut feeling than anything, he checks a lot of boxes.

Named CEO of the Storm at the age of 32 (Youngest CEO in NRL history)
Born in Queensland
Has worked in various departments of Rugby League, including being the media manager for the Storm during the 2010 salary cap scandal (Has faced plenty of adversity, and passed with flying colours)
Worked as the General Manager of the Brisbane Lions
Nearly doubled the Storm's membership numbers since he became CEO in 2015, as well as steadily increasing crowd sizes
From a business side of things - Transformed the Storm from a club that loses millions every year in to a profitable organisation, in a short amount of time

I don't really see any red flags, the success on and off the park speaks for itself.

More of a gut feeling than anything, he checks a lot of boxes.

Named CEO of the Storm at the age of 32 (Youngest CEO in NRL history)
Born in Queensland
Has worked in various departments of Rugby League, including being the media manager for the Storm during the 2010 salary cap scandal (Has faced plenty of adversity, and passed with flying colours)
Worked as the General Manager of the Brisbane Lions
Nearly doubled the Storm's membership numbers since he became CEO in 2015, as well as steadily increasing crowd sizes
From a business side of things - Transformed the Storm from a club that loses millions every year in to a profitable organisation, in a short amount of time

I don't really see any red flags, the success on and off the park speaks for itself.

The Lions were a laughing stock the three years he was in charge- that's not a concern?

The Lions were a laughing stock the three years he was in charge- that's not a concern?

Considering he was primarily working with stakeholders when he was in that role, not really. Large difference between being CEO and the role he had at the Lions. He had immediate success once he returned to the Storm and was appointed CEO within 2 years.

Not exactly in charge but to be fair, they tanked even worse after he left.

Considering he was primarily working with stakeholders when he was in that role, not really. Large difference between being CEO and the role he had at the Lions. He had immediate success once he returned to the Storm and was appointed CEO within 2 years.

Sure but still.......it should be at least considered as a "red flag" ?? Surely there are other options out there that don't require this choice to be made?

Why take the chance?

Last edited:

The Lions were a shambles, he has been credited for laying the foundation that Noble and Swann built on. They then made the hugely crucial appointment of Fagan as head coach and Conole as talent head and they have been on the up ever since.

I wouldn't hide his Lions stint against him by any means, in fact the total opposite.

He probably wouldn't be interested because he has more money than he knows what to do with but Tony Cochrane could be a good shake up.

Meeting this weekend to try and get a release done.

do you know if Donaghy is a done deal, with the only question being his starting date? or are we still in negotiations?

do you know if Donaghy is a done deal, with the only question being his starting date? or are we still in negotiations?

If he wasn't all but a done deal, the Broncos wouldn't have delayed the process like they have. They would've gone with Ben Ikin or whoever their next preferred option was and announced it a month ago. In other words, they wouldn't be waiting for Donaghy like this unless he was a sure thing. Not even the current Broncos administration would be that stupid...

I think

Last edited:

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • HarryAllan7
  • BooKhaki
  • Horseheadsup
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Skathen
  • Bish
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.