OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Why does she have no idea about football?
Because she probably has no idea how to run a successful football club, she may watch rugby league but what are her credentials in the game?

We need someone with genuine in/out knowledge of football club operations, she doesn't have to be that person, as long as she hires someone to take care of that. We saw how well it goes when a CEO tries to do it all like Paul White, they just end up fucking the club over.

If we're going with her as a CEO we better have a real head of football to actually lead the club.

We can't have some nobody try to rebuild a football club, we need genuine football knowledge. Maybe we can steal Frank Ponissi from Melbourne. She can manage the business side, and a GM for the football side.

And isn't that the point? To have someone competent to lead the club's business, and another to head football.

And in any case, as you suggest, and as a successful CEO once told me, the secret to success for any leader is to surround yourself with experts in the areas which need them.

Last edited:
Because she probably has no idea how to run a successful football club, she may watch rugby league but what are her credentials in the game?

We need someone with genuine in/out knowledge of football club operations, she doesn't have to be that person, as long as she hires someone to take care of that. We saw how well it goes when a CEO tries to do it all like Paul White, they just end up fucking the club over.

But look at that dog!

He didn’t say she has no idea how to run a football club, just said she has no idea about football. I just wondered how He would know that. paul White “knows about football” because he played on the police team. Doesn’t mean anything, clearly.

fwiw she wouldn’t be my choice, but that’s only because I don’t know her CV or her plans are. However, I actually Don’t hate the idea of a politician, since it’s all become politics In the nswrl.

One advantage of an ex politician will be connections. She'll have that going for her. Wouldn't trust her to manage the football side of things or pick a coach.

No Ikin kinda lends some credentials to a Wayne Bennett return of some form.

I wouldn't necessarily say that ... the reports were the Business credentials were the top priority for the new CEO

Really ... she'll just be a better looking Raelene Castle! What's her experience running a business? Answer - none!

Why does she have no idea about football?
Just assuming a similar situation to Peter Beattie where politicians dont seem to have any idea about anything in general... except how to spin things... so in that sense she's probably top of the list for the Broncos board

If she has a history of being a successful sports administrator then great... but to me politicians nowadays are just career choices looking for a pay cheque compared to politicians of the past who were experts in their field and chose to basically volunteer themselves for the good of the community.

I would be saying the same about any potential candidate that on surface value at least, appears to have zero experience in the rugby league world other than being a fan.

The selection of a CEO and any potential restructuring of the football department will be telling on the objectives of the current board... are they there to service the shareholders and provide lip service to the fans or do they actually want to be a successful football club again

Last edited:
Just assuming a similar situation to Peter Beattie where politicians dont seem to have any idea about anything in general... except how to spin things... so in that sense she's probably top of the list for the Broncos board

If she has a history of being a successful sports administrator then great... but to me politicians nowadays are just career choices looking for a pay cheque compared to politicians of the past who were experts in their field and chose to basically volunteer themselves for the good of the community.

I would be saying the same about any potential candidate that on surface value at least, appears to have zero experience in the rugby league world other than being a fan.

The selection of a CEO and any potential restructuring of the football department will be telling on the objectives of the current board... are they there to service the shareholders and provide lip service to the fans or do they actually want to be a successful football club again
I don't know the specifics but the generalities are raising flags. A politicians skill-set is a poor match for business in my experience, a successful business person has a strong skill-set for politics potentially but the reverse... I don't think goes as well.

The Bronco's do very much look like a basket case when it comes to decision making and planning so I watch with interest to see what happens.

Really ... she'll just be a better looking Raelene Castle! What's her experience running a business? Answer - none!

Good point. Same experience as Scotty from Marketing, not a good look, but then, she understands climate change and we all know the climate at Red Hill is in need of drastic change.

Last edited:
It's not a CEO's job to understand football. It's their job to run the business and make it/keep it profitable.

This is why we have a football department. So frankly, I couldn't give a shit if she gets the job, as long as she knows how to do the job.

It's not a CEO's job to understand football. It's their job to run the business and make it/keep it profitable.

This is why we have a football department. So frankly, I couldn't give a shit if she gets the job, as long as she knows how to do the job.

I wouldn't say that too loudly around these parts ... you might get lynched ... TRUST ME

I'm at a loss why Kate Jones would be a good choice. She is just a party hack who came through the ranks, not sure she ever did much in the business world of note. In fact, I'm not sure she has ever held a real job.

I'm at a loss why Kate Jones would be a good choice. She is just a party hack who came through the ranks, not sure she ever did much in the business world of note. In fact, I'm not sure she has ever held a real job.

So you're also not keen on Ikin?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Painin the Haas
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.