OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Dave Donaghy must be a big chance of getting it. Run the highly successful Storm over many years so would probably do wonders up here.

Maybe he can bring Craig and Cameron with him too.

Last edited:
Donaghy is an interesting candidate.

I didn't know he wanted out of the Storm system ?

Dave is a good guy. Spent a lot of time in Brisbane. Played Colts at Easts funnily enough.
Has been through all levels of the Storm, starting as a media officer from memory, then onto managing their cap and onto the CEO role.

Would be great for the club.

Donaghy would be ideal, being from the storm he would know exactly the type of people you need in your club to make it work.

If we can get anyone from the Storm that they don't want to lose I'll consider it an enormous victory.

#Donaghy2021

Dave Donaghy - Chief Executive Officer

Dave was appointed CEO of Melbourne Storm in June 2015 but was not new to the Club having served as a staff member on two different occasions prior to his appointment.

Dave has always been passionate about rugby league having grown up in NRL heartland Gladstone, Queensland. After graduating from the University of Queensland with degrees in political science and journalism Dave switched from a career in media to sports administration, working across a number of areas within professional sports organisations, from strategy to list management and salary cap, football operations, commercial operations, government, broadcast and media.

He has seen the club through some of its highest and lowest moments, from the salary cap issues in 2010 to Premiership wins, World Club Challenge victories, expanding the club’s commercial program and increasing membership to over 25,000.

Dave and his executive team are focused on making Storm the most successful and respected sporting club in Australia, continuing to grow rugby league in Victoria and maintaining success on and off the field.

Sorry Benny, as good as I think you could be for the CEO role, someone like Donaghy is an absolute must-have if he wants the job. Proven performer and could quickly get systems in place up here that we have been lacking, to put us on the right track.

Plus he's from Gladstone, not Rocky, so there's that too.

https://www.domain.com.au/domain-re...storm-boss-building-a-field-of-dreams-804130/

Badel is saying expect a public announcement in 2 weeks, but given how the club leaks information, just like it leaks points, I'd think we will know probably mid next week at the latest.

Last edited:
Donaghy
Bellyache
Smith

Hell bring em all up here. We might be able to turn this joint around.

Article from CM Today says Ben Ikin, Storm Boss Dave Donaghy and former Reds chief Richard Barker are the leading candidates
Donaghy for sure... why wait till Monday just get it done!!

Unread

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.