OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Can someone explain how on earth an employer can impose one of these 'non compete' clauses? It sounds like the most spiteful thing in the world

Can someone explain how on earth an employer can impose one of these 'non compete' clauses? It sounds like the most spiteful thing in the world
They probably can't but since most employees just want the job they agree to bullshit clauses.

It's more the threat and cost of legal action that makes them enforceable rather than if they actually are legally enforceable

They probably can't but since most employees just want the job they agree to bullshit clauses.

It's more the threat and cost of legal action that makes them enforceable rather than if they actually are legally enforceable
I'm intrigued by the motivation behind them, its like getting into a relationship with someone and saying, 'if & when we break up, you can't see anyone else for at least six months'

I think they are usually used to stop someone taking a companies clients etc when they leave for a new employer.

I can't really see them being relevant in this situation.

I think they are usually used to stop someone taking a companies clients etc when they leave for a new employer.

I can't really see them being relevant in this situation.

Yeah but if the storm can use it to squeeze more money out of us I’m sure they will.

Surely we can just agree that he won't be CEO when we play the Storm. He can have his annual leave those two weeks.

Hopefully if the Storm do play hardball they come out of it looking like pricks, but I'm sure the media will spin it so we're the bad guys.

Surely we can just agree that he won't be CEO when we play the Storm. He can have his annual leave those two weeks.

Hopefully if the Storm do play hardball they come out of it looking like pricks, but I'm sure the media will spin it so we're the bad guys.
Just keep hiring Storm staff until there’s no one left to sue us.

Can't hurt us too badly. We've already had a CEO basically on annual leave for almost two years now so what's the difference?

Can't hurt us too badly. We've already had a CEO basically on annual leave for almost two years now so what's the difference?
Donaghy has resigned this morning from his CEO post at the Storm and they have already filled that role on an interim basis (Chief Financial Officer down there, Ashley Tucker). Welcome aboard Dave!

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by the motivation behind them, its like getting into a relationship with someone and saying, 'if & when we break up, you can't see anyone else for at least six months'
It’s more like when we break up you can’t move in with my brother because:
a/ I don’t want to have to see you at family Christmas lunches.
b/ I don’t want you telling my brother about how I am scamming/borrowing from our parents.

Donaghy has resigned this morning from his CEO post at the Storm and they have already filled that role on an interim basis (Chief Financial Officer down there, Ashley Tucker). Welcome aboard Dave!
Well this will be a good test to see if the Storm magic is transferrable or whether it turns to dust once it hits Red Hill. Guessing he is a big part of their success? Don't know the first thing about him or his role in the Sunny Coast's success however.

Kudos to the board, this is a big signing! He is largely touted as the one who got the ball rolling on turning the Lions around and getting their key pieces in place in Nolan, Amrogio and Swann. So if that is the case and he can identify management and admin staff AND has the authority to bring the people he wants in, this could certainly be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Again, well done to the board on getting this one right. The key will be whether he is hamstrung now at doing his job or not before he walks in the door.

It makes me feel yuck that we had to resort to getting one of the Storm's suits on board to fix the club up, but at this point I would take the reincarnation of Charles Manson if it meant the team started playing better.

If nothing else it highlights the operational difference between the two clubs.
They lose their ceo and put in one albeit acting, straight away while we stuff around with ours who was supposed to be gone this month and will now hang around until January if not longer until the new one can take over.
We have a coach who is not officially starting until next month although he was really needed officially weeks ago. You can bet that when Bellamy leaves his successor will slot in straight away.
Just shows the difference in the culture everyone is talking about between the two clubs.
One are the premiers the other the wooden spooners. Says it all really.

If nothing else it highlights the operational difference between the two clubs.
They lose their ceo and put in one albeit acting, straight away while we stuff around with ours who was supposed to be gone this month and will now hang around until January if not longer until the new one can take over.
We have a coach who is not officially starting until next month although he was really needed officially weeks ago. You can bet that when Bellamy leaves his successor will slot in straight away.
Just shows the difference in the culture everyone is talking about between the two clubs.
One are the premiers the other the wooden spooners. Says it all really.

One's backroom staff are the picture of professionalism too and the other is a shambles.

You obviously don't have a lot to do with businesses. They are very common in the business world. Very common in industries where contacts are very key to your job. ie you cant just go work somewhere for 10 years, milk all their contacts to your favour and open up next door doing exactly what your old business was doing but just under your own name to make money. Who is going to employ people if they do that?

our coach did start weeks ago

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.