OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

our coach did start weeks ago

Not officially and he cannot make any big decisions yet and also has to wait until this bullshit review is done before taking over the reigns properly.

If nothing else it highlights the operational difference between the two clubs.
They lose their ceo and put in one albeit acting, straight away while we stuff around with ours who was supposed to be gone this month and will now hang around until January if not longer until the new one can take over.
We have a coach who is not officially starting until next month although he was really needed officially weeks ago. You can bet that when Bellamy leaves his successor will slot in straight away.
Just shows the difference in the culture everyone is talking about between the two clubs.
One are the premiers the other the wooden spooners. Says it all really.

I can’t help but think I’ve said this 100 times in the last month. No NRL contract starts until 1/11.

Fifita isn’t a Titan until 1/11, Barrett isn’t the coach until 1/11 and Kevvie contract starts 1/11.

He’s already interviewed players and met with staff.

maybe not officially ... but he has been at the club working, planning getting ready to lead our revival. He was even in his office on his birthday.

Well I hope he is getting paid for it then.

I can’t help but think I’ve said this 100 times in the last month. No NRL contract starts until 1/11.

Fifita isn’t a Titan until 1/11, Barrett isn’t the coach until 1/11 and Kevvie contract starts 1/11.

Fifita was a Titan months ago.

But is the club really preventing Kevin from making any roster decisions until after this review?

But is the club really preventing Kevin from making any roster decisions until after this review?
Not sure mate, possibly any signing involving big money contracts they might be for now. But for blokes like Copley on peanuts, he would have had a say in his signing no doubt and got the go-ahead to proceed. Kevvie is a big fan of Dale and named him in his Emerging Origin side in 2016, so that was a part of why he was keen to have him on board next year.

Last edited:
Not sure mate, possibly any signing involving big money contracts they might be for now. But for blokes like Copley on peanuts, he would have had a say in his signing no doubt and got the go-ahead to proceed. Kevvie is a big fan of Dale and named him in his Emerging Origin side in 2016, so that was a part of why he was keen to have him on board next year.

Is Copley going to be with us next year?

Not preventing but it’s hard to move on before the review. What if the review said you need to overhaul your recruiting team. Kevvie has still verbalised the changes he’d like to the list.

Last edited:
Not preventing but it’s hard to move on before the review. What if the review said you need to overhaul your recruiting team. Kevvie has still verbalised the changes he’d like to the list.

Id ask for my money back if they didn’t say that about the recruiting team

No he isn’t but you know what? What sort of Keith would say got the job I’ve always wanted but I’m not coming in before my start date.
That may be a fair point, but at the same time what sort of Paul tells a bloke who has to come in on his birthday to work on the spectacular mess left by the guy you knocked him back for last time "yeah nah I'm not paying you for this."

That may be a fair point, but at the same time what sort of Paul tells a bloke who has to come in on his birthday to work on the spectacular mess left by the guy you knocked him back for last time "yeah nah I'm not paying you for this."
I mean depends how you look at it. I dont think Kev is getting paid an hourly rate. You could imagine the contract offered factored the early start in to the figure. He just isn’t contracted for a couple weeks at the beginning.

Last edited:
Yep, lock it in Eddie! He'll be a good signing and surprise a few people don't worry.

Look I know he is a good player but he has become an injury magnet over the last few years.
I think we’ll be lucky to get 15 games out of him next season.
Depth signing maybe.

I doubt the club did force him in unpaid on his birthday ... they guy is a Bronco through and through, and excited about finally after 15 years coaching, landing his dream job. he'll do every thing he can to make it a success.

Look I know he is a good player but he has become an injury magnet over the last few years.
I think we’ll be lucky to get 15 games out of him next season.
Depth signing maybe.

Oh I agree mate. He is a depth signing no doubt, but that is an area we are sorely lacking in, especially centres and probably even wing. If he does play 15 games next year, even that is still 14 more games than we got out of Kahu this year. If on the other hand Dale plays consistently well, and is injury free for the year, then that is a bonus for us and one that comes at a bargain basement price, relatively speaking.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • Brotherdu
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • RodF
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • Volvo Driver
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • simplythebest
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.