OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Donaghy has resigned this morning from his CEO post at the Storm and they have already filled that role on an interim basis (Chief Financial Officer down there, Ashley Tucker). Welcome aboard Dave!
Good luck to him.

Got a fucking massive job ahead of him.

It makes me feel yuck that we had to resort to getting one of the Storm's suits on board to fix the club up, but at this point I would take the reincarnation of Charles Manson if it meant the team started playing better.
Technically they took Broncos suits to make the Storm to start with so really it's just what, 4th generational Bronco genetically coming back? :P

Technically they took Broncos suits to make the Storm to start with so really it's just what, 4th generational Bronco genetically coming back? :P

Ribot hadn’t worked for the Broncos for three years when the Storm started.

Ribot hadn’t worked for the Broncos for three years when the Storm started.
Correct - my point was more that it wasn't like the Storm 'invented' culture or developed this back office by themselves. They literally imported ex-Broncos staff (Johns, Lazarus, Ribot) to do it so whilst hiring The Dave might be a Storm guy, the organisation genesis came from us to start with :)

Last edited:
Correct - my point was more that it wasn't like the Storm 'invented' culture or developed this back office by themselves. They literally imported ex-Broncos staff (Johns, Lazarus, Ribot) to do it so whilst hiring The Dave might be a Storm guy, the organisation genesis came from us to start with :)
Careful, I sense you are dangerously close to falling into a patented 1910 semantics trap.

Last edited:
Well we did have the same Corporate overlords running both clubs, so it was hardly surprising that when News wanted to set up shop with a new club they turned to guys who had done the job previously with their existing club they owned.

Kate Jones has a job with the ARLC joining Peter Beattie. I am skeptical about the worth of politicians helping the code, nice retirement job for them however. Meanwhile my live viewing schedule is going to be soccer games in Brisbane. Any news of a 2nd Brisbane team yet?

Meanwhile my live viewing schedule is going to be soccer games in Brisbane. Any news of a 2nd Brisbane team yet?

Shhhh dude................*looks around nervously*.........................don't mention the 's' word around here, you might get hung, drawn and quartered.........*nervously backs away into the shadows*

Shhhh dude................*looks around nervously*.........................don't mention the 's' word around here, you might get hung, drawn and quartered.........*nervously backs away into the shadows*

Nah I think it is perfectly understandable to look forward to other sports in a year like the Broncos have had and little light at the end of the tunnel.

Sooo...when will our in demand CEO be leaving? I thought he had gigs lined up.

PWA

I'm glad you were restrained there @Nashy, no telling what you might have said if you were raging. :rofl

I worked indirectly with Kim Beazley for two weeks and he struck me as the brightest most honest guy I ever had the pleasure of meeting. A lot of people still say he was the best PM we never had. Also, I rate Paul Keating or as they loved to call him in the UK 'The Lizard of Oz' just because he dared to put a guiding arm on the Queen. He had and still does have a firm grasp of what equitable means.

So I'd say perhaps 90% of them are a pack of snout snorting, gravy train, megalomaniacs, but a few of them are genuine souls with the humanity to match.
Jimmy Madden is a mate of mine and he's an honest good guy who only entered politics to try and make a difference. I do tend to think you'd need to be a skilled liar and clever diplomat to survive in politics and also a lengthy stay in politics probably would turn a good well intentioned person into an apathetic freeloader.

Have you been living under a rock ... he agreed to stay until the end of January so we could land our preferred candidate

Thanks, so the upgrade is not costing us needed cap space money. Thought the poor bugger would resign in shame, but oh well good to know he has been extended.

No ... as usual he's talking out of his ass
Was coming around to thinking you were reasonable staff poster but it seems the others were right....your blinding love for the CEO is making you the most unbearable prick on here.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.