OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Does the CEO fall under the football department cap?

Does the CEO fall under the football department cap?
It's only for the football department as I understand it, so the CEO and all Administration staff would fall outside that.

Makes you wonder why we didn't just appoint Bellamy as 'CEO' and then we could have just paid him whatever the hell we liked as long as the shareholders are happy.

Last edited:
It's only for the football department as I understand it, so the CEO and all Administration staff would fall outside that.

Makes you wonder why we didn't just appoint Bellamy as 'CEO' and then we could have just paid him whatever the hell we liked as long as the shareholders are happy.
We keep offering him BIG money ... he keeps turning us down.

We keep offering him BIG money ... he keeps turning us down.
The board is clearly stuck in the mud with experience to identify the correct person. Paying overs for a quality CEO would pay dividends and pay itself off in so many ways. Just execute and get it done already.

Last edited:
The board is clearly stuck in the mud with experience to identify the correct person. Paying overs for a quality CEO would pay dividends and pay itself off in so many ways. Just execute and get it done already.
Bellamy isn't a quality CEO ... he is a quality football coach

And I think they may have identified a quality CEO to replace White in Dave Donaghy

Bellamy isn't a quality CEO ... he is a quality football coach

And I think they may have identified a quality CEO to replace White in Dave Donaghy
I completely agree...however the lack of announcement is very frustrating. The new CEO needs to be in the role ASAP to set the correct standard through the organisation.

I completely agree...however the lack of announcement is very frustrating. The new CEO needs to be in the role ASAP to set the correct standard through the organisation.
I'm fairly sure the terms of his contract prohibit his name even being mentioned until the contract elapses and you can bet Melbourne Storm have made him aware of that, you just know they're petty enough to go to court over it. Thier chairman said as much.

Here's hoping February 1st (I think) it's all announced and he walks in same day and takes over the joint.

Things could already be happening in the background... although it would need to be limited given Donaghy's contract situation with storm.. and the media may know about it things, but negative Broncos headlines get more clicks so they are choosing to ignore it.

Can't have positive Broncos news disrupting the narrative that everything is burning and every player wants to leave

Paul White is the Jay Leno of NRL CEO's. He wants to be everyone's mate, but he's as shit at that as he is being a CEO while refusing to **** off when he says he will.

This is who Mr. White used as inspiration when negotiating player contracts

Screenshot 2015 09 14 at 20757 PM

White: New CEO it's a real pleasure! Have you got any job leads? I needs some job leads help me!
Kevie: Thats enough White! Don't bring the New CEO down with you!

Last edited:
There is an update of sorts in the CM about our future CEO status (written by Travis Meyn); cliff notes:

• Donaghy is still in negotiations with the Storm over allowing him a "release" to take up the Broncos position earlier than than his Storm contract allows, due to the "non-compete" clause.
  • This is despite the fact that he has already resigned from the Storm
  • Donaghy was expected to reach an agreement with the Storm, allowing him to take up his Broncos position earlier, but so far the Storm are playing hard ball
  • Matt Tripp has been unavailable for comment this week
  • White due to leave the end of January and the Broncos are hoping he can transition into the role quickly
then Meyn goes onto talk about Bellamy:

• The Storm view our persuit of Bellamy as their greatest threat
  • at the time of appointing Walters the Broncos were quietly confident of getting Bellamy as well. apparently the club was pitched Walters and Bellamy as something of a package deal (not sure who did the pitching though)
  • Broncos still in the dark about whether they will land Bellamy
  • Broncos figure were nervous when Bellamy met with Coates last week

then finishes with Donaghy will be the next Broncos CEO, whether Bellamy will follow him to help remains a mystery

I get the feeling Tratt Mipp is a bad breaker-upper
There is an update of sorts in the CM about our future CEO status (written by Travis Meyn); cliff notes:

• Donaghy is still in negotiations with the Storm over allowing him a "release" to take up the Broncos position earlier than than his Storm contract allows, due to the "non-compete" clause.
  • This is despite the fact that he has already resigned from the Storm
  • Donaghy was expected to reach an agreement with the Storm, allowing him to take up his Broncos position earlier, but so far the Storm are playing hard ball
  • Matt Tripp has been unavailable for comment this week
  • White due to leave the end of January and the Broncos are hoping he can transition into the role quickly
then Meyn goes onto talk about Bellamy:

• The Storm view our persuit of Bellamy as their greatest threat
  • at the time of appointing Walters the Broncos were quietly confident of getting Bellamy as well. apparently the club was pitched Walters and Bellamy as something of a package deal (not sure who did the pitching though)
  • Broncos still in the dark about whether they will land Bellamy
  • Broncos figure were nervous when Bellamy met with Coates last week

then finishes with Donaghy will be the next Broncos CEO, whether Bellamy will follow him to help remains a mystery

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.