OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

It makes me lol how much Melbourne hate us despite them dominating the comp over the past 10 years. It just goes to show that no amount of on field success can change what you are in the eyes of your immediate surroundings at the end of the day, and the Storm will always be the pariah in Melbourne no matter how much they achieve in the NRL, as opposed to us who are still comfortably the dominant sporting club in our city despite being at the lowest point in the history of the club. In short, our worst day is still easily far better than the Storm's best day.

It makes me lol how much Melbourne hate us despite them dominating the comp over the past 10 years. It just goes to show that no amount of on field success can change what you are in the eyes of your immediate surroundings at the end of the day, and the Storm will always be the pariah in Melbourne no matter how much they achieve in the NRL, as opposed to us who are still comfortably the dominant sporting club in our city despite being at the lowest point in the history of the club. In short, our worst day is still easily far better than the Storm's best day.
I don’t know about that, they got a premiership and we got a spoon. I reckon I know who’s happier.

Donut and Bellyache would be so hectic, with Kevvie as coach.

What a turn around that would be.

There is an update of sorts in the CM about our future CEO status (written by Travis Meyn); cliff notes:

• Donaghy is still in negotiations with the Storm over allowing him a "release" to take up the Broncos position earlier than than his Storm contract allows, due to the "non-compete" clause.
  • This is despite the fact that he has already resigned from the Storm
  • Donaghy was expected to reach an agreement with the Storm, allowing him to take up his Broncos position earlier, but so far the Storm are playing hard ball
  • Matt Tripp has been unavailable for comment this week
  • White due to leave the end of January and the Broncos are hoping he can transition into the role quickly
then Meyn goes onto talk about Bellamy:

• The Storm view our persuit of Bellamy as their greatest threat
  • at the time of appointing Walters the Broncos were quietly confident of getting Bellamy as well. apparently the club was pitched Walters and Bellamy as something of a package deal (not sure who did the pitching though)
  • Broncos still in the dark about whether they will land Bellamy
  • Broncos figure were nervous when Bellamy met with Coates last week

then finishes with Donaghy will be the next Broncos CEO, whether Bellamy will follow him to help remains a mystery
Interesting!

Sadly this aligns with a 'three stooges' competency model of reality for those still making big decisions at the Broncos.

This would indicate from the Coates affair (meeting + social media pics) that...

* Cameron Smith is retiring, the Storm know this but are withholding the announcement for maximum advantage with their recruitment.

* Bellamy will be taking the consulting role with Melbourne.. not Brisbane, hence the poaching of pipeline talent.

* Incoming CEO still not confirmed!! and based on the 3 stooges model a real chance not to go ahead.

The pieces fit together tightly with this theory.. unfortunately.

Last edited:
Interesting!

Sadly this aligns with a 'three stooges' competency model of reality for those still making big decisions at the Broncos.

This would indicate from the Coates affair (meeting + social media pics) that...

* Cameron Smith is retiring, the Storm know this but are withholding the announcement for maximum advantage with their recruitment.

* Bellamy will be taking the consulting role with Melbourne.. not Brisbane, hence the poaching of pipeline talent.

* Incoming CEO still not confirmed!! and based on the 3 stooges model a real chance not to go ahead.

The pieces fit together tightly with this theory.. unfortunately.
Posts like this have seen me take a 2 week hiatus, guess it will be another 2 weeks until hopefully the negative dribbling stops

2012, 2017, 2019

I'd rather have those. Broncos haven't won a comp in 15 years.

15 years. And people still think we're a "powerhouse" "glamour" club.

Last edited:
Its a long shot we get bellamy, he's playing us AGAIN. Damn we have some bad negotiation skills, especially considering we are the most profitable and supported club in the bloody NRL.

However, what could actually help us is Tripp himself. I believe he helped start up sportsbet and worked for betting agency since then(nothing suss there of course). He's only been the storm boss this year and since then he has been vocal about his thoughts on the needs of their football department. He also seems like someone who doesn't take no for an answer and always gets his way. I'm not sure this will be a welcomed edition for bellamy and ponisi, and may be a reason why donaghy is at the very least rumoured to be leaving. The way they have handled JAC and donaghy has been a little out of character for the storm. Normally they find a way to keep everyone happy and get what they want *cough boats cough...

I don’t know about that, they got a premiership and we got a spoon. I reckon I know who’s happier.
I'm happier with our 6 premierships :)

(but yes to be fair, I'll want another damn soon to keep happy)

It is all but comfirmed.

IMO, it was confirmed the second Donaghy resigned from the Storm. you don't quit a highly paid job (one that took years of hard work to achieve) to go on the dole

Isn’t that essentially what White is doing though?

It is all but comfirmed.

IMO, it was confirmed the second Donaghy resigned from the Storm. you don't quit a highly paid job (one that took years of hard work to achieve) to go on the dole

Sure you do. High paid people often take time off, years sometimes, between jobs. The reality is, if he wanted to, and he was good with his money, he wouldn't have to work if he didn't want to.

What happens if he isn’t announced in five days incidentally? Does that mean we haven’t got him or do they need to wait until a few days after January?

What happens if he isn’t announced in five days incidentally? Does that mean we haven’t got him or do they need to wait until a few days after January?
We might get a ‘Paul White Announces Extension’ announcement instead

Active Now

• Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.