Chances of a Bronco's Charter to Sydney Friday?

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
My brother and I are keen to head down Friday, but looking at the flight schedules the last plane might leave too early, we want to go down and back same day so no accom. Something like 4pm down, 12am back... [icon_shru

Would the Bronco's charter an additional flight? Ringing the leagues club tomorrow, would that be best?

You may as well give it a go mate. Don't ring the Leagues Club though, ring the Football club icon_thumbs_u

Do you have any idea how much it costs to charter an aircraft?

It won't happen unless you foot the bill.

Sydney airport has a curfew so buckley's of getting out that late I'd say.

Only time they'd even consider a Charter, would be for the GF and then only for team, officials and sponsors.

Nashy said:
Do you have any idea how much it costs to charter an aircraft?

It won't happen unless you foot the bill.

Yeah I do, just about my entire in-law's are commercial pilots or instructors, and run rural charters. Both planes are out of action though, and the others are single seater and I have no licence.

But I was more getting at if the Bronc's have any pull to have an additional flight put on, even if its the return leg only, or even just delay the last service an hour or so.. Still waiting on some info.

LOLZ! How orsm is that!! I should get a light aircraft! How orsm would it be to just put-put yourself down there to Bankstown!!!

I understand this isn't as easy as it sounds, but hypotheially ho much would it cost to fly a light airraft down there and back?

Flying a 2 seater with instructor training planes are enough to pee yourself good and proper when you mess it up.

Have no idea exactly, too many factors involved in this case as we'd need to probably refuel min twice, and pay landing and holding fee's at Archerfield and where ever in Sydney, probably not even worth warming them up unless the aircraft is full. I do know that they're more fuel efficient than a car for the quick rural trips, and pretty cool knowing you can get to most regional places quicker than getting to work in peak hour. If you really want to know, I can ask what its worth to run the bigger plane there and back excluding the landing tarrifs etc. If you want an idea on how much these things cost to run, the twin is having both its engine rebuilt (as per requirements) a cool $75,000 EACH thank you very much...

That'd be a D-Check yeah?

You should see the bill QANTAS is charged to have their 747's out for the 6 odd months it takes to do one.

You could get Alliance or OzJet to do a charter I'm sure, F-100 or 732, but that'd cost probably 50 - 80k

Oh, got he figures last night, but the only one I remember is $500/hr operating costs not inclusive of any fees - its a Piper Navajo so nashy you can do the math for me on how long it would be in the air for. Only seats 6 + pilot (executive fitout, pretty swish, reminds me of the movies).

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Stix
  • Inknition
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.