Chappell-Hadlee Trophy

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Australia ODI squad for Chappell-Hadlee Trophy: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), George Bailey, Scott Boland, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa.

No Khawaja will obviously be debated but this batting group just won 4-1 and scored 1593 runs over 5 games.

Who is getting dropped?

It is a pretty good squad. Nobody deserves to get dropped so just leave Khawaja in the shield for the time being. He will bat his way in to the team if he keeps it going though.

So Lyon gets hammered by INDIAN batsmen on sit up and hit me wickets and he's out? Hardly seems fair. I rate Zampa and have for a long time so cannot complain too much but meanwhile, Scott I-do-nothing-and-keep-getting-picked Boland continues to be selected. Go figure!

when watching bolland in the big bash i thought he was very impressive but watching him in the One Dy internationals against India ive got to admit i dont think i have ever seen a worse debit from an Australian ever, in 4 ODIs to only take one wicket is awful. i'd be happy to never see him in aussie colours again:sorry:

also talking about the Australian spinner spot that has been discused quite regularly over the past few weeks i have been thinking about the good leg spinners we have got with swepson, zampa and boyce and it got me thinking about james murihead and where he has gone. A few years a go he was in the aussie t20 and one day side now he is no where to be seen?

also talking about the Australian spinner spot that has been discused quite regularly over the past few weeks i have been thinking about the good leg spinners we have got with swepson, zampa and boyce and it got me thinking about james murihead and where he has gone. A few years a go he was in the aussie t20 and one day side now he is no where to be seen?
That's a good question, I thought he looked a good prospect. Poor form probably.

So Lyon gets hammered by INDIAN batsmen on sit up and hit me wickets and he's out? Hardly seems fair. I rate Zampa and have for a long time so cannot complain too much but meanwhile, Scott I-do-nothing-and-keep-getting-picked Boland continues to be selected. Go figure!

Test prep takes priority; he will play the Shield game in NZ before the Tests.

Team for first ODI against NZ:

1) David Warner
2) Shaun Marsh
3) Steve Smith
4) George Bailey
5) Glenn Maxwell
6) Mitch Marsh
7) Matthew Wade
8) James Faulkner
9) John Hastings
10) Kane Richardson
11) Josh Hazlewood

Wtf does Khawaja have to do to get a run?

Had a complicated wrist injury which for a wrist spinner is pretty dire; coming back now playing seconds for Victoria and Victoria Under 23's. He was operated on mid last year.

Gee they really should have picked Khawaja. I understand why they haven't but the why they should argument clearly out weighs the why the shouldn't argument.

I'm all for the bigger picture, if he gets 100 this week for Queensland and then goes over and gets runs in the Tests. I am happy.

A quick 30 playing a one day game won't help anyone. He will play one of the three anyway.

Last edited:
He's in NZ carrying the Drinks so won't play the shield

Faulkner ruled out for the last 2 ODI's with hamstring tightness. Marcus Stoinis added to the squad.

I rate Stoinis, walks like he has a pole up his butt but batting all-rounders are handy.

I hope we get all our overseas batting collapses out of the way before the test matches.

I get a feeling the Australian selectors bet against Australia each time.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.