Cheerios - food of champions... and poor people

Emma

NRL Player
Hmm, that's what I thought , but then I only thought that cause of you, I'd never heard that word before you said it years ago.

Aussie

NYC Player
Meat77 said:
| * kelsey * | said:
Cheerios?

WHAT THE?

They are frangers people.. Cocktail Frankfurts.

Cheerios reminds me of some stupid American brand.

I don't mind them, they are great when you're drunk though, as Hitman said! ;)
Aren't frangers condoms or am I showing my age here?
Was certainly the first thing I thought. I don't get how people in NSW continue to lead a normal life. We all know they are a lower quality and educated state compared to QLD but seriously, I thought some general product information wouldn't go a stray. ;)

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
| * kelsey * | said:
Cheerios?

WHAT THE?

They are frangers people.. Cocktail Frankfurts.

Cheerios reminds me of some stupid American brand.

I don't mind them, they are great when you're drunk though, as Hitman said! ;)
Haha that would be great if you asked for frangers from the deli up here in QLD. The looks you would get lol..

in sad news..

All my cheerios haz gone

Sway

QCup Player
Phi Phi
i totally hate when you get that little tiny bit of bone in one of your cheerios.....part of what animal area is this from!

Sway said:
i totally hate when you get that little tiny bit of bone in one of your cheerios.....part of what animal area is this from!

Is it like the bits you sometimes get in sausages?? White, hard lumpy bits??

If so, that indicates that the meat came from an old beast....

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
North Brisbane
Although they are made out of all the random bits left over from the animals they have cut up to make decent meats from, cheerios are the shiznitz. I can't get enough of em, hot or cold it doesnt matter :D

Jay-Lee

QCup Player
Inked!!
Twiztid said:
Ya Cheerios to me has always been the American breakfast ceral. Cocktail franks all the way. It is another QLD and NSW translation.

Might have to bring up the which NSW person knows what Kabana's is? That was always a laugh, still hardly see it at the deli.
Ohh isnt Kabana like Cabanossi?!

Coxy

International Captain
The Rock said:
[quote="Jaimi-Lee":3405q583]
Twiztid said:
Ya Cheerios to me has always been the American breakfast ceral. Cocktail franks all the way. It is another QLD and NSW translation.

Might have to bring up the which NSW person knows what Kabana's is? That was always a laugh, still hardly see it at the deli.
Ohh isnt Kabana like Cabanossi?!
Yes!

Kabana - Sheesh! What drugs were they on when they came up with that name?[/quote:3405q583]

Because they heard people say to uptight people "have you got a kabana up your arse" and assumed it must be some kind of sausage.

Not a gazebo type thing. Because sticking one of them up your arse is silly. Yet somehow, sticking a sausage up your arse isn't...

I may have said too much... :?

Jay-Lee

QCup Player
Inked!!
Aussie said:
Kabana! You mean you don't call them that down there? Geez, I dunno.
We have cabannosi in our delis at Coles but we only sometimes have kabana. I dont think it is to popular really. I heard they dont taste as good?!

Aussie

NYC Player
Kabana is the greatest thing to eat apart from breakfast and beer!

Cheese, Crackers and Cabana. Match made in heaven. Oh yeeeah

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Aussie said:
Kabana is the greatest thing to eat apart from breakfast and beer!

Cheese, Crackers and Cabana. Match made in heaven. Oh yeeeah
OMG!!! I love kabanas! Kabanas > Cheerios anyday.

Emma

NRL Player
I'm from NSW and I know what it is. Every supermarket I've ever been in sells cabanossi and kabana. They may not all have kabana in the deli section, but it's in the pre packaged cold meat section.

Jay-Lee

QCup Player
Inked!!
Emma said:
I'm from NSW and I know what it is. Every supermarket I've ever been in sells cabanossi and kabana. They may not all have kabana in the deli section, but it's in the pre packaged cold meat section.

Yeah our deli at Coles sells Cabonossi but it gets kabana in at party seasons, otherwise its just cabanossi. But i didnt think to look in the dairy section!

DOes it taste the same?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter