Chris Hartley

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Queensland keeper Chris Hartley needs 6 dismissals to have the most of any keeper in Sheffield Shield History.

Berry 139 games
546- 499 catches and 47 stumpings.

Hartley 124 games
541- 526 catches and 15 stumpings.

What a terrific warrior Harts has been for Queensland Cricket.

Last edited:
His sister was my P.E. teacher in primary school, I still remember the day she sat us down after class and told us that if any of us follow cricket that her brother is debuting for Queensland tomorrow, I must've been in grade 3 or 4 at the time.

Have had a vested interest in him since then, great career.

He was a few years behind me in high school... we all knew he'd play for QLD on day.

He has been one of my favorite players in the shield for a while. Very good keeper continuing a very good process of Queensland keepers. He probably would've been a test keeper for the other test teams, Haddin/Gilchrist/Neville were always a step ahead of him.

Nevill I'd say got the go on the back of being younger.

And scoring plenty more runs

Plenty is a huge exaggeration.

Hartley the last three years.

2015/16- 529 at 44
2014/15- 522 at 37
2013/2014- 376 at 34

Nevill outscored him in 2014/2015 when he got 764 and 2013/2014 when he got 472. 338 runs across two seasons isn't huge. Nevill scored 235 of them in one knock.

Harts is averaging 64 this year and improved every year since 2012/2013.

He has been one of my favorite players in the shield for a while. Very good keeper continuing a very good process of Queensland keepers. He probably would've been a test keeper for the other test teams, Haddin/Gilchrist/Neville were always a step ahead of him.

Harts is the equal with the gloves of all those guys.

His sister was my P.E. teacher in primary school, I still remember the day she sat us down after class and told us that if any of us follow cricket that her brother is debuting for Queensland tomorrow, I must've been in grade 3 or 4 at the time.

Have had a vested interest in him since then, great career.

19/12/2003 v South Australia.

One of 18 to get 100 on debut for Queensland- Harts was the 12th to do it.

Should have been the back up keeper to Haddin, not Nevill. I think he (and Nevill) have fallen victim to "Gilchristism". Where you don't have to be the superior gloveman in the country if you are a genuine batsman. There's no doubt that Hartley is the best gloveman in the country, but he didn't bat in a Gilchrist sort of way, I daresay if he had he would have been selected for Australia.

Harts now the greatest keeper in Shield History with 547 dismissals.

He's great:

70234-chris-farley-dancer-chippendal-2Dq1.gif

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Bronx48
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.