NEWS Chris Johns: bring Kevvie onto the bench

Oates has struggled for a while now on and off. Offa and Milf were signed based on a potential that neither of them were looking to reach under Wayne or Seibold.
I'm not keen on doing the whole seibold v Bennett thing again , but we're definitely regressing .

I’m glad there are those who can also see the real picture.

Our salary cap is fucked. That’s going to take another 2 years to fix.

Seibold is not the right person to try and get the best out of thisbad situation. He tried and has failed.

Sacking Seibold hoping another coach can garner success from a team that includes Boyd, Milford, Oates, Bird, Ofahengaue as the senior group is like bleeding a stone.

Any real coach worth his salt won’t want a bar of this side until the cap is fixable.

Yeah get him in there ready to go for when we finally ditch Seibs......or at least 'promote' Seibs to the 'special' office which doesn't happen to be anywhere near the football department.

Seibs should be re-rolled to run the pie shop technically - ground coffee and food at the clubhouse (rubbish coffee too, by the way... Bula Vinaka around the corner is better) News Ltd would sell up in a heartbeat...

Last edited:
What are the walker brothers doing atm?
Game atm seems really suited to them atm

I’m all for sacking Seibold but let’s be intelligent about our situation. We definitely hasn’t gotten rid of all the deadwood - Boyd (600-900k), Oates(500k), Offa(500k), Kahu(350-450k), Milford(1m), and Bird(800k). All are not justifying the price of their contracts, with some estimates putting their combined price as high $4million+ per season. Keep in mind the cap is $9.5million. The 6 deadwood players in our 30 man squad are approaching 45% of our entire cap.

With the cap being so cooked, he has very minimal room to bring players in. Croft is the only player he’s signed that isn’t basically on minimum wage, and he’s still only on about $300k.

Seibold was fucked before a single ball was kicked, but he’s also shown that he doesn’t have the coaching chops to unfuck himself enough to survive until the clubs salary cap position is fixed.
If you are unhappy with Offa on 500K how aren't you apoplectic with Lodge on 700 and TPJ on 650?

If Kevvie is happy to come back and help, by all means the club should approach him.

He's a great assistant coach. He's not fit to be a head coach, but he'll always be a great assistant. Much like Neil Henry.
Mate he is way fitter than half the idiots that get coaching roles these days... Last years origin is to prove for that... he almost got a fairly shithouse qld team up against a team double as good as ours

What are the walker brothers doing atm?
Game atm seems really suited to them atm

Both aren’t involved at the moment but I’ll tell you now they’re 0 chance to be at the Broncos.

Ben directed Sam to the Roosters after the Broncos asked Sam to come in to hear their pitch- just catch an Uber and don’t tell your dad.

As opposed to flying Ben and Kylie down to Sydney, lunch with Politis and Robinson and explaining their football plans for Sam.

Both aren’t involved at the moment but I’ll tell you now they’re 0 chance to be at the Broncos.

Ben directed Sam to the Roosters after the Broncos asked Sam to come in to hear their pitch- just catch an Uber and don’t tell your dad.

As opposed to flying Ben and Kylie down to Sydney, lunch with Politis and Robinson and explaining their football plans for Sam.
But he was already signed to the Broncos at the time, right?

Really it doesn’t matter if Seibold wants his help.

It’s not Seibold’s call.

He has a responsibility to the QLD side. It comes down to whether they will allow him to come onto the coaching staff.
Kevvie has been allowed to coach (head/assistant) for years whilst maintaining the maroons job so that really doesn’t make a difference

If you are unhappy with Offa on 500K how aren't you apoplectic with Lodge on 700 and TPJ on 650?

Lodge is another deadshit signing. Especially with how unsuited he is to the new rule. I’m biased about TPJ because I love him.

Lodge is another deadshit signing. Especially with how unsuited he is to the new rule. I’m biased about TPJ because I love him.
Why the **** we coughed up that much for lodge is beyond me, tpj on his day is a match winner. Honestly the lodge contract is silly he’s lucky to be playing footy full stop, had only just finished his second first grade season and wasn’t exactly consistent coupled with a pretty dodgy set of hands. I mean seriously 500k max for two or three year prove it contract, He should have been thanking his lucky stars.

Just wow...***** running the retention and recruitment

Lol Seibold is never going to agree to Kevvie coming in and helping out - a rival for the job.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.