NEWS Chris Johns: bring Kevvie onto the bench

Yeah I was supportive, I have worked with him and know him well and I thought the players would really respond to someone with fresh new ideas and dynamic.

I can't explain the disconnect. I honestly can't.

It's called K.A.R.M.A

Paul White leads contract negotiations with the players/agents. The Broncos have long been an economic powerhouse, given we're the only footy team in Brisbane and up until the last couple of years were always a decent team at worst. Selling merch and tickets to people who grew up watching Kevvie, Alfie, Locky et al isn't a hard task. Getting sponsorships for a club with the lion's share of fta tv slots, essentially guaranteed good on-field performances and finals spots every year is not a difficult task. But his successor might have a harder time of it, I'm not sure whether the same number of sponsors would want to stump up the same amount of cash to be associated with this team.
He is the CEO of the Broncos brand, which extends much further than football.

He is a good businessman.

If thing continue downward, maybe they look at the administrative structure's. Have more of a silo between operations and football.

Bring in Kevvie to assist, would be a very good start and adding to the football side of the business.

If thing continue downward, maybe they look at the administrative structure's. Have more of a silo between operations and football.

Bring in Kevvie to assist, would be a very good start and adding to the football side of the business.

Is Kevvie allowed to be an assistant coach even with his origin commitments?

Is he? Based on what? From the time he's been here the club has lost focus on its actual product, lacked success on field, invited drama off the field, feels like we've lost our culture and we've definitely let our standards go. None of that spells good long term management to me. More the sort who comes in and enjoys short term profits at the minor cost of gutting ab organisation over the long term.

I disagree, Paul White made the Broncos an economical powerhouse. That is his job.

It is the football departments jobs to win games.

I would love to see Kevvie back at the club, but I truly think we are in for the long hall with Siebs.

I also believe that when there aren't injuries every week, and we can play 1 - 17 for more than 2 weeks, we will see some positive results.
Paul Whites job is to help win premierships
That’s what the business is all about. We aren’t a leagues club, we are a sporting club who wants to win titles. He has failed miserably in that sector

It would take a complete moron to become ceo of the broncos and not turn a good profit.

Paul Whites job is to help win premierships
That’s what the business is all about. We aren’t a leagues club, we are a sporting club who wants to win titles. He has failed miserably in that sector

not it's not.

Paul White's job is to run the Business and to ensure the fiscal health of the organisation.

not it's not.

Paul White's job is to run the Business and to ensure the fiscal health of the organisation.
Well, here’s a tip, Paul. When the team wins, crowds go up, merch sales go up, memberships go up, profits boom.
When the team consistently loses, the exact opposite happens.
One is a healthy organisation, one is not.

not it's not.

It's the job of every single person in the organization to contribute to winning a premiership.
It's become apparent that an abundance of money isn't translating to wins at the Broncos.

Well, here’s a tip, Paul. When the team wins, crowds go up, merch sales go up, memberships go up, profits boom.
When the team consistently loses, the exact opposite happens.
One is a healthy organisation, one is not.

Paul and his cronies won't take your advice mate. Starting to think even a spoon wont jolt them from their self righteous stupor.

It's the job of every single person in the organization to contribute to winning a premiership.
It's become apparent that an abundance of money isn't translating to wins at the Broncos.

Paul White answers to the board, who answers to the shareholders ... and i'll tell you now, whether or not we win premierships, doesn't come into their thinking like it does with fans.

hell, we could go onto win multiple premierships in a row, but if the clubs fiscal health declines, then despite winning those premierships, Paul White is out of a job

Paul White answers to the board, who answers to the shareholders ... and i'll tell you now, whether or not we win premierships, doesn't come into their thinking like it does with fans.

hell, we could go onto win multiple premierships in a row, but if the clubs fiscal health declines, then despite winning those premierships, Paul White is out of a job
Exactly right.

Winning is good for business, but you can win and lose a business.

As long as there's money coming in, the business is safe.

That said, I'd love to see them return to being a football powerhouse. I hate that the roosters are the new glamour club.

Yeah I was supportive, I have worked with him and know him well and I thought the players would really respond to someone with fresh new ideas and dynamic.

I can't explain the disconnect. I honestly can't.

Do you think he should be keep on then or should we cut our losses and move on from him?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.