Climate Change: Fact or Fiction

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Explain the science or shut the **** up.

'Not exactly a climate change denier'...proceeds to check every box.
Labels me and conveniently ignores the post where I list my support for doing the very things the IPCC is calling for...

Unlike your ’science’ if you’re going to label me, at least do it accurately, if you can. I’m a climate “EMERGENCY“ denier.

You sound like one of these social media mouth-breathers who are utterly convinced the seas are rising 240 feet in the next few years and life on earth will be gone by 2030.

Last edited:

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Labels me and conveniently ignores the post where I list my support for doing the very things the IPCC is calling for...

Unlike your ’science’ if you’re going to label me, at least do it accurately, if you can. I’m a climate “EMERGENCY“ denier.

You sound like one of these social media mouth-breathers who are utterly convinced the seas are rising 240 feet in the next few years and life on earth will be gone by 2030.
I think we need some plans in place. Do we have any? Are we likely to get any under any LNP government? Nope. Head in the sand, she'll be right.

So I take it you don't actually understand the science. And can't explain it.

No one is saying life will be gone by 2030. By 2050, with no assertive action, shit will be fucked. It's not a leftist fantasy, that's reality.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
I wouldn’t exactly call myself a denier of climate change, but the relative urgency of this ‘climate emergency’ is something that is exceedingly debatable, as is the so-called ‘science’ behind the scare-mongering we see from the likes of that special needs, Swedish high-school, drop-out, the drama teacher (Justin Trudeau) and that former bartender

If the non-repeatable and utterly unscientific methods that are used in climate science were employed in any other field of science, those scientists would be laughed out of the room. But because climate science is ‘hard’ that gives such scientists leeway apparently, to make models that politicians must enact policies on instantly, regardless of any other cost or implication, that deliberately exclude significant variables that will have a massive impact on said models...

Apparently that is sound science. ’These variables are too hard, therefore we’ll just exclude them.’ THIS is therefore the way it is...

Now, I’m all for moving off oil and coal, getting rid of every bit of plastic in the world and replanting native forests for as far as the eye can see.

But the oil and coal move, should be conducted in a strategic and deliberate manner, not in a rushed, panicked manner influenced only by poor science and hard left rhetoric.
Just a question. Are you happy with the scientific community in other fields ,Medical research. technology research?, or is it just this field that you have a problem with?

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Eh, lets be honest, you probably share memes denying science which are factually inaccurate but get likes because you got plenty of boomers in your life to teach you how to science.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Eh, lets be honest, you probably share memes denying science which are factually inaccurate but get likes because you got plenty of boomers in your life to teach you how to science.
Nice story, if I really was a climate change denier, I‘d probably argue it’s every bit up as your belief in man-made climate change...

However, as I have already gone to great pains to point out, though that has been completely ignored in the rush to launch ad hominem at me over my expressed opinion, I do agree with the concept of anthropogenic climate change and agree it is a significant problem.

I just don’t see it as the immediate calamity that it’s vociferous advocates seem to revel in.

Last edited:

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Nice story, if I really was a climate change denier, I‘d probably argue it’s every bit up as your belief in man-made climate change...

However, as I have already gone to great pains to point out, though that has been completely ignored in the rush to launch ad hominem at me over my expressed opinion, I do agree with the concept of anthropogenic climate change and agree it is a significant problem.

I just don’t see it as the immediate calamity that it’s vociferous advocates seem to revel in.
I'd rather be 'wrong' in the long term than 'right' in the short term.

"Great pains" lol.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain

Meanwhile, in 2050 and standing in knee deep water:

Meh, hindsight is 2020.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Just a question. Are you happy with the scientific community in other fields ,Medical research. technology research?, or is it just this field that you have a problem with?
There is good science and poor science in most fields. Some scientists get full time work, some get repeated contracts and some can’t get contracts no matter how many times they try. Some people are good mechanics, some are not so good. Some police are good at their jobs, some less so...

The problem though is the scientific method which those fields adhere to, yet climate science cannot because of the difficulty in predicting events way into the future and why variables which significantly impact on those predictions, have to be ignored, because of the difficulties involved. Which is why many call climate science, ’junk’ science.

Can you imagine for a second medical research that ignored significant variables in a new treatment because they were ‘too difficult‘? Do you imagine such a treatment would ever be approved to be implemented having wilfully ignored potential outcomes, side effects or some other significant variable in that research?

Of course not, because such oversights are far too important. Human life is directly at risk. But ignoring such variables are de rigour for climate science.

Or another viewpoint, imagine for a moment that for 60+ years, widespread scientific research had been conducted, which consistently resulted in predictions being made, that fail to materialise and then use these predictions which have not actually occurred, as the basis to inform real world policies, at extreme cost?

Can you possibly imagine such a scenario? Does it sound eerily familiar?

That’s my point is all...

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I'd rather be 'wrong' in the long term than 'right' in the short term.

"Great pains" lol.
As I’ve said, I’m all for reducing GHG’s, for reducing pollution in general, planting trees and restoring native forests and saving all the animals.

But I’m not much interested in alarmist proselytising, nor drowning out other opinions with either volume or ad hominem as you clearly are.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
This guy worried about the donut fund getting slashed.
👆 This guy, whose preferred style of discussion is about as useful as the proverbial self-licking ice cream...

Holdzy89: ’this is how it f*ckin is, now all line up and agree with me absolutely, so we can have a real discussion...’

holdzy89

NRL Captain
As I’ve said, I’m all for reducing GHG’s, for reducing pollution in general, planting trees and restoring native forests and saving all the animals.

But I’m not much interested in alarmist proselytising, nor drowning out other opinions with either volume or ad hominem as you clearly are.
Alarmist proselytizing - who did you vote for mate?
- Merged

👆 This guy, whose preferred style of discussion is about as useful as the proverbial self-licking ice cream...

Holdzy89: ’this is how it f*ckin is, now all line up and agree with me absolutely, so we can have a real discussion...’
Nah, present a real argument or be dismissed. That simple.

Ready to explain the science you disagree with champ?

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I think we need some plans in place. Do we have any? Are we likely to get any under any LNP government? Nope. Head in the sand, she'll be right.

So I take it you don't actually understand the science. And can't explain it.

No one is saying life will be gone by 2030. By 2050, with no assertive action, shit will be fucked. It's not a leftist fantasy, that's reality.
Nice, reasonable assessment there. So implementing policies to meet our Paris and Kyoto Climate accords is ‘no policy’ eh?

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Nice, reasonable assessment there. So implementing policies to meet our Paris and Kyoto Climate accords is ‘no policy’ eh?
Not good enough.

We need more realistic domestic achievements.

Cutting our funding to essential services before the worst predicted fire season on record...which did indeed come to pass.

Not good enough.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Alarmist proselytizing - who did you vote for mate?
- Merged

Nah, present a real argument or be dismissed. That simple.

Ready to explain the science you disagree with champ?
As I said, one significant variable that is ignored is clouds. This is the problem stated far more eloquently than I can:

Another is simply that the warming increase predictions are also uniformly over-stated and the effects have been consistently over-stated.

As for your 2050 claim, shall we bring a bit of realism to even that claim?

- Merged

Not good enough.

We need more realistic domestic achievements.

Cutting our funding to essential services before the worst predicted fire season on record...which did indeed come to pass.

Not good enough.
Sure, but that is a different argument to your previous one where you said we will not get ANY plans from the LNP.

My point is simply, pushing back against that alarmist nonsense.

Last edited:

holdzy89

NRL Captain
As I said, one significant variable that is ignored is clouds. This is the problem stated far more eloquently than I can:

Another is simply that the warming increase predictions are also uniformly over-stated and the effects have been consistently over-stated.

As for your 2050 claim, shall we bring a bit of realism to even that claim?

- Merged

Sure, but that is a different argument to your previous one where you said we will not get ANY plans from the LNP.

My point is simply, pushing back against that alarmist nonsense.
That's fine. I'm opposed to alarmist non-sense too. I just don't think you know the difference.

You are quoting Forbes. Jeez. LNP plans aren't good enough. Agree or disagree?

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Meanwhile, in 2050 and standing in knee deep water:
You could ask the Dutch what that’s like? Oh wait, they solved that problem 400 years ago...
i’m not saying rising sea levels aren’t an issue that should be ignored, but over-exaggerated claims from alarmists shouldn’t be either...

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
You could ask the Dutch what that’s like? Oh wait, they solved that problem 400 years ago...
i’m not saying rising sea levels aren’t an issue that should be ignored, but over-exaggerated claims from alarmists shouldn’t be either...
The people of the Pacific Isles would like a word with you about being alarmed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.