Club Statement: Jaydn Su'A

I think you just did what most media do with contract values ... Pulled a figure out of your ass ...

No way Fensom is on 450k
Yeah Foordy but I guessed you'd figure out what I was doing ha. You've read enough of my posts to know I never make definitive claims unless I'm dead certain.

Really ? Bit shocked that a 600k pa player couldn't get a run in a team running 13th! Mmmm, wonder how accurate that report was.
Yeah, this^
The media exists for 1 reason & 1 reason only...

To create clicks.

Truth is worthless, facts are pointless, credibility is non-existent.

Bullshit & drama=clicks=$$$$$$$ for the press.

Does anyone in here really have the first clue about our cap situation?

Um....are we Souths feeder club now...????

If I didnt know any better, its smells to me that we "started" resigning guys cause the club was told we are salary cap compliant....then they are told were "not"....and it would be in our interest to move on some players...

I can't comprehend the amount of player movement we are experiencing currently....and besides is the wrong type of guys who are leaving..!!!

I'd be surprised if we were really over the cap. I have an idea the Broncos actually employ someone to keep their books in order. Afterall, they are a business with all that that entails.

Louise Lanigan is her name, she is part of every recruitment and retention committee meeting with White, Seibold, Nolan and Lockyer.

We've got some shit cap managers if we are over the cap this badly. Compare that to Roosters and Melbourne.

I can't comprehend the amount of player movement we are experiencing currently

why is it hard to comprehend ... we have a new coach that not only has the right, but the obligation to put together his own team, not just use the team assembled by the previous coach.

the start of that process is moving on certain players. obviously this can be a bit complicated by contracts etc

and besides is the wrong type of guys who are leaving..!!!

i disagree ...

some players have been allowed to leave for their own Benefit (e.g. Kahu, Nikorima)

others have been moved on because they either don't fit Seibold's game plans/style or they simply aren't prepared to work hard and just expect to be selected in first grade (e.g. James Roberts) ... and these are the exact type of players we need to be weeding out and getting rid of asap.

There’s no way we offer 450k to Fensom that no club wants our 21st in top 30 squad, and then 500k to origin level score machine Oates.

Maybe you are talking about 45k? That’s why you are so dead certain? Maths is not rocket science, the number is not so hard.
[automerge]1561709790[/automerge]
Apparently Seibold is talking about certain signings are happening before 30June, I just don’t know if he’s talking about resigning...... like Oates, Offa......

Last edited:
why is it hard to comprehend ... we have a new coach that not only has the right, but the obligation to put together his own team, not just use the team assembled by the previous coach.

the start of that process is moving on certain players. obviously this can be a bit complicated by contracts etc

i disagree ...

some players have been allowed to leave for their own Benefit (e.g. Kahu, Nikorima)

others have been moved on because they either don't fit Seibold's game plans/style or they simply aren't prepared to work hard and just expect to be selected in first grade (e.g. James Roberts) ... and these are the exact type of players we need to be weeding out and getting rid of asap.

...all good and valid points....

I’m hanging out for the re signing of Boyd and Macca for another 6 years

There’s no way we offer 450k to Fensom that no club wants our 21st in top 30 squad, and then 500k to origin level score machine Oates.

Maybe you are talking about 45k? That’s why you are so dead certain? Maths is not rocket science, the number is not so hard.
[automerge]1561709790[/automerge]
Apparently Seibold is talking about certain signings are happening before 30June, I just don’t know if he’s talking about resigning...... like Oates, Offa......
Ha ha ha ha ha ..stop old mate, you're hurting my ribs! Really? Did you honestly believe I was serious ?

It felt like everytime Sua played, we got 20+ points on us.

I was so pissed when the rumours started last year that Souffs were after Su'a. He has all the makings of being a real crunching second rower in a few years time. He had quality written all over him last year.

Did he self sabotage this year to get his ticket out and be back under Benny?

The only positive I can see is when he starts firing again we won't be the ones losing him come origin time. And mark my words he will find form pretty quick down there.

If we are over the cap for next year, or will be once players re-sign (TPJ etc), then releasing players before June 30 still makes sense. Front-end some contracts so they go on this year’s cap, leaves more space for later seasons.

I was so pissed when the rumours started last year that Souffs were after Su'a. He has all the makings of being a real crunching second rower in a few years time. He had quality written all over him last year.

Did he self sabotage this year to get his ticket out and be back under Benny?

The only positive I can see is when he starts firing again we won't be the ones losing him come origin time. And mark my words he will find form pretty quick down there.
He broke his ankle. I think it's as simple as that. It takes a while to recover from that in this kind of sport unless it was just a basic fracture of the fibula. I was surprised we re-signed him in the first place to be honest. He's a good player, but edge backrowers are probably the easiest position to replace so having the guy 4th on your depth chart on 300-400k a season is not a smart way to spend your money.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Thelmus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.