CM Win

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":19etd44d]
Coxy said:
The Australian has real journalism from real journalists in it. Courier Mail is sensationalist crap.

Is the Australian a national paper?

Yup. Its sports section therefore focuses more on gAyFL.

Oh that sport run by people who have a clue I know the one[/quote:19etd44d]

You mean the sport that panders to indigenous groups and climate change propaganda? Yeah, that one.

Fozz said:
You must've been drunk.

CM is the Daily Tele. They just change Sydney to brisbwne. Kristina Kennealy to Anna Bligh. Harbor Bridge to Story Bridge. And hope nobody notices.

....and Shithouse Rugby League Fans to Awesome Rugby League Fans icon_thumbs_u

Yeah. Well none of the papers above suck more than the Blues. So there.

Coxy said:
Regardless of the technical merit of the NBN, it WILL be a massive white elephant and one of the grossest wastes of taxpayer money in the history of the western world.

I'm going to go off on a tangent here but - NBN... sure, in the short term it may look like it but it could do the world of good in the long, looooooong run depending on which way you look at it. I'm no tech-head myself but anyone who uses the computer enough (APART from just study and social networking) knows Australia is a million miles behind any developed country in terms of the internet and pretty much any semi-developing country in Asia and Europe. Our country is one the best countries to live in yet we are so behind on tech and I think we should start to do something about it. The counter argument is the population argument and how there is not enough demand, but IMO there is enough demand in Australia. I know some people are going to say Australia has always been about the great outdoors and the kids grew up playing sport etc etc - and I'm all for that... I know I don't want the country to turn into just computer using androids but IMO it already has in a way anyway plus sport and outdoors won't die that easily. The alleged price of the NBN does confuse me - I mean obviously it didn't cost other countries that much to get their net speed but I'm guessing this has a lot to do with where we are geographically and so forth... We've got the natural resources but there is no reason why we can't tech up either and it should start with the NBN... IMO it will lead to greather things and provide more opportunity. Bah. /rant

Liberal v. Labor thread. Kgo.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.