OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

“I believe Xavier will be staying at the Broncos,” Walters said.

“Until we get information that that’s not going to happen, that’s where we are heading

So like man, how Dearden was the future of the Broncos until he wasn't? How Walsh was the fullback of 22 until he wasn't and Staggs was gone until he wasn't.

I get the point but Brenko Lee was always very talented, just needed someone to bring it out of him. But yes, it is difficult to trust anything coming out of the Storm system and going elsewhere.
Storms defensive structure helped him immensely. Our attack and defensive structures need a lot of work. Even the right players need these to succeed

I get the point but Brenko Lee was always very talented, just needed someone to bring it out of him. But yes, it is difficult to trust anything coming out of the Storm system and going elsewhere.
The Storm are so fucking dodgy, I wouldn’t even trust a flushed turd leaving their system.

Kevin Walters:

“I believe Xavier will be staying at the Broncos. Until we get information that that’s not going to happen, that’s where we are heading. I’m confident he will stay."

“We are moving in the right direction as a club, I can assure you of that, and Xavier is a part of that. We want him to be part of our future plans at the Broncos and be the Broncos that everyone knows we can be. Xavier’s big focus is to play well for his team and for his club. We’ve had a conversation around that and he just has to block out all the outside noise and play well for the Broncos this week."

“Xavier is one of the guys we plan to keep. That’s being sorted at the moment. We’re backing Xavier all the way, we will put everything around him to make him the footballer he wants to be."

“It’s not just about the finances for me. Every player is important to our organisation, especially when they come through our systems. We have put a lot of work into Xavier, into his football, into his development right from the Elite Player Development program, he’s a good young player and we want to hang onto him."

“I can assure the Broncos fans and members that we have a strong plan at the Broncos now and into the future and Xavier is part of that plan.”

McHunt

Josh Addo Carr has some advice for Goofy, following his 6 try haul:

“I’m blown away. If it wasn’t for the team, that wouldn’t have been possible. It’s something that you don’t think about. You just try to do your job for the team each week, and when those opportunities come up, you try to do the best job you can. I’m just so happy that the team played so well, and the six tries are a bonus for me.”

“I think about it (leaving the Storm) all the time, but life’s too short. I’ve got a family to look after and I’ve got family to spend time with, so that’s the whole reason why I made that decision. I’m super blessed to be a part of this team and this organisation. It’s a special team and I’m so happy to be a part of it. They’ve changed my life around and it’s a special journey I’ve been on. I’m definitely going to miss it, but I’ll always have that connection.”

“Xavier’s a super talent. Whatever decision he makes, I’m sure he’ll make the right one. I say to everyone wherever I go and whenever I talk in front of people, I always say if you get an opportunity with Melbourne, take it. They’ll turn you into the footy players you always dreamt of being. You learn how to play rugby league when you go to the Melbourne Storm."

“Back in the day, I used to get the ball and run, but when you come here, they teach you the one-percenters, and those one per-centres add up to big parts in games.”

“I think it’s taken four or five years. I was a bit embarrassed to talk in front of the boys that you hang out with every day. It was tough, but it feels so comfortable being around the leaders we have here.

“I know what it takes to win premierships, I know what it takes to be a consistent footy player and I love helping people. If I can do that next year then happy days. It’s one of the reasons why I wanted to go to Canterbury. I moved to Melbourne to step out of my comfort zone, so why can’t I go to Canterbury to build something special?”

McHunt

"Melbourne is such a great club, so good that i'm leaving for more money at the age of 25"
JAC
It's pretty well documented that JAC has had a split with his partner and his kids are based in Sydney. I don't think he leaves otherwise.

Kevin Walters:

“I believe Xavier will be staying at the Broncos. Until we get information that that’s not going to happen, that’s where we are heading. I’m confident he will stay."

“We are moving in the right direction as a club, I can assure you of that, and Xavier is a part of that. We want him to be part of our future plans at the Broncos and be the Broncos that everyone knows we can be. Xavier’s big focus is to play well for his team and for his club. We’ve had a conversation around that and he just has to block out all the outside noise and play well for the Broncos this week."

“Xavier is one of the guys we plan to keep. That’s being sorted at the moment. We’re backing Xavier all the way, we will put everything around him to make him the footballer he wants to be."

“It’s not just about the finances for me. Every player is important to our organisation, especially when they come through our systems. We have put a lot of work into Xavier, into his football, into his development right from the Elite Player Development program, he’s a good young player and we want to hang onto him."

“I can assure the Broncos fans and members that we have a strong plan at the Broncos now and into the future and Xavier is part of that plan.”

McHunt
So in Dearden speak that means he's leaving?

But watch him play, he doesn't need the Storm system to run a hundred miles and hour and smash everything that comes near him, which he does, all the time.

Of course, you may get the occasional sideways play the ball.
But he does need the inside men to put him in those positions and the team as a whole to create the roll on through the ruck and manufacture situations for a spread to him at center.

Realistically we have strike in the outside backs as it is with Oates, Herbie, Staggs and Coates.... and in the same way that we had strike with Roberts. But you need to get them the ball in the right situations so they can exploit a mismatch.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.