OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Wouldn't be against a trade with Hynes right now.
I'd take that in a heartbeat. I don't think Melbourne will because it would help us even if it helps them too.

I'm glad we haven't spent 500k on a winger. Sucks that he is gone, but time to move on.

We are in a building year, winning the comp isn't going to happen. I'd be putting him into ISC and working on combinations for next year. Wouldn't be against a trade with Hynes right now.
Cause the last trade worked out well for us...

I'd take that in a heartbeat. I don't think Melbourne will because it would help us even if it helps them too.
I don't think we are a threat to them.
Cause the last trade worked out well for us...
Yeah that's a great way to look at it. You'd fit in well on the current retention and recruitment team.

Looking at team selections as a week to week thing is shooting yourself in the foot too.
We'd be far better served putting Niu to fullback immediately with Isaako to wing with a view to seeing if Niu can handle the fullback position fulltime or if we recruit externally for next year.
If Coates leaving is causing internal disharmony, sure, drop him. But this business of playing with what might be next year's team isn't the way any winning team works. Nothing is harder for hanging onto your playing roster than winning.

I don't think we are a threat to them.
We're certainly not but I think Tripp is petty enough to just take whatever decision hurts us. I guess it depends how highly they rate Coates.

If Coates leaving is causing internal disharmony, sure, drop him. But this business of playing with what might be next year's team isn't the way any winning team works.
Hate to break it, but we're not a winning team this year, so it means squat. If we were even remotely in with a chance at the big show this year by all means choose the absolute best 17 week to week.

Hate to break it, but we're not a winning team this year, so it means squat. If we were even remotely in with a chance at the big show this year by all means choose the absolute best 17 week to week.
I'm a little bit tired of this "it's all happening next year" mentality. We've been living it too long. We need to play the cards as they're dealt.

Coates has more chance on losing us games then winning them.

We aren't a chance at the big show. If we have a dream run with injuries, and come up against teams who play their worst games, we are a chance of somehow sneaking into 8th spot and getting destroyed week 1.
I'm a little bit tired of this "it's all happening next year" mentality. We've been living it too long. We need to play the cards as they're dealt.
The 2021 cards we have been dealt are 2/7 off suit. So let's focus on the next hand.
Coates has more chance on losing us games then winning them.
I'm fine with dropping him to ISC or trading him early, but this is a stupid thing to say. He hasn't been great this year, apart from last night, but he hasn't been horrible outside a few defensive reads.

He's been pretty average, picking any other winger would not be step backwards.

Doesn't matter if it's Isaako swinging the ball to Coates or Niu swinging the ball to Isaako ... it's about getting into those try scoring positions and we've proved we can do it, Coates is a finisher if he gets the service ... Isaako is a finisher if he gets the service. One self-opinionated johnny-come-lately with consistent and repeating defensive lapses doesn't make the team. So long kiddo.

Wouldn't be against a trade with Hynes right now.
If you were Hynes would you agree with that.
Stay at Melb and have a crack at a premiership or go to Brisbane for a shot at the spoon.

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    850.6 KB · Views: 33
while it would be a good story, i'd probably prefer to bring in a player of the future ... which is why i'd also personally rule out bringing back Mead (who has been good for us on the wing this year)
Fair enough...though, there's a fair bit of youth already out there. A bit of experience wouldn't hurt.

I guess K Hunt is too old now for fullback? Are his skills past it...? Having someone like him behind the play, talking/directing is something (the talk part) they desperately need..

by R14...this is doable.....

1. Hunt
2. Isaako
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Gamble

If you were Hynes would you agree with that.
Stay at Melb and have a crack at a premiership or go to Brisbane for a shot at the spoon.
Depends what he wants. He might want the chance of showcasing his skills every week at fullback to boost his next contract. After following Isaako, he is going to look amazing by just being decent.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.