OFFICIAL Xavier Coates Leaves Broncos

Depends what he wants. He might want the chance of showcasing his skills every week at fullback to boost his next contract.
That right there is why Melb are so successful.
They pick players who want to win premierships.

Doesn't deserve to be dropped, no matter how much sand you have in your vagina over him leaving.

if people are so desperate for Bennett to come back how about we use the Bennett playbook instead of ignoring it.

that try you posted while good isn't something that only Coates can do

what's your point?
?
That a mature head might be better than blooding yet another young, inexperienced player?

robert de niro compliment GIF

What? That's such a stupid thing to say while trying to sound smart. Every single player wants to win a premiership. But if you offer any player 200k a year and a premiership, or a million a year and a spoon, every single one of them is taking the cash.

?
That a mature head might be better than blooding yet another young, inexperienced player?

robert de niro compliment GIF

that might make sense, if we were discussing dropping a mature head rather than a young inexperienced player

He’s a huge loss, I really hoped we would keep him. What about this though for the rest of this year: Isaako to wing, Niu to fullback.

If I were to make a change this would probably be it.

I would probably give the team a chance to build with minimal changes and if Coates attitude is good he can stay, but my tolerance for a bad performance would be minimal. If he has a bad game he’s out and another young player gets a chance.

I’m not sure how Niu’s been going in ISC but if he’s doing the basics well I would be tempted to bring him in at fullback and shift Isaako to Coates wing.

that might make sense, if we were discussing dropping a mature head rather than a young inexperienced player
The reshuffle was to replace/drop Coates.......whos leaving...yeah?

If you were Hynes would you agree with that.
Stay at Melb and have a crack at a premiership or go to Brisbane for a shot at the spoon.
Or get sent back to Brisbane to play for Easts when Paps returns and miss out altogether. Hopefully we are targeting him for this year

if people are so desperate for Bennett to come back how about we use the Bennett playbook instead of ignoring it.

that try you posted while good isn't something that only Coates can do
Exactly. As if Melbourne will drop Addo Carr because he's leaving. They'll milk every last drop out of him before he goes. And what's he do: scores 6 tries for them.

Coates will finish the season at number 2, unless Walters finds a "pathway" for another player to replace him, who's ready to go right now.

It's a bit rich having every player worried about being shopped elsewhere and then throwing a tantrum when one of them deserts the stinking ship because the atmosphere is so oppressive. And then turning around and calling him a traitor. ****'s sake.

Exactly. As if Melbourne will drop Addo Carr because he's leaving. They'll milk every last drop out of him before he goes. And what's he do: scores 6 tries for them.

Coates will finish the season at number 2, unless Walters finds a "pathway" for another player to replace him, who's ready to go right now.

Melbourne are challenging for the premiership ... so of course they'll pick their best 17 regardless

we are rebuilding ... we need to continue that process, not delay it because Coates is a nice bloke

Have to say, it hurts yes that he's leaving us, especially to the storm. But what hurts even more is his plea to the fans, stick with us etc. How about taking heed of your own words. Dipshit. Honestly. I'd drop him, it's bad for our culture.

Melbourne are challenging for the premiership ... so of course they'll pick their best 17 regardless

we are rebuilding ... we need to continue that process, not delay it because Coates is a nice bloke
When did this rebuild start and when does it finish - just for interest?

Maybe if the coach were a teenage girl he'd throw a tantrum at every player who moves on but I think he's more practical than that. Should Lodge be going slow over being asked to look for another club?

I don't think we can spend our days fapping over other teams players and then throw a hissy fit when one of ours gets poached by the most successful club in the comp. Moving pieces around the board is the nature of the modern game.

We don't OWN these players. We RENT them.
Wait a minute...are you saying Goofy is a rentboy?

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
  • MrMoore
  • cento
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.