OFFICIAL Cobbo Extends With Broncos Until 2025

It was his signature move. Kick back on the inside before going out because he never cuts back inside. Let's not pretend like his try assist was an elite play, it relied on the bounce of the ball.

There we have it. No kick ever is an elite play, just relies on the bounce of the ball.

It was his signature move. Kick back on the inside before going out because he never cuts back inside. Let's not pretend like his try assist was an elite play, it relied on the bounce of the ball.

What else do you suggest he does?

So I skipped a lot of the show, but am I right that while the hottest young back around just extended with the Broncs, not one word was said about it on 360 but almost half the show it seemed was dedicated to the Roosters bringing in Lodge.

So I skipped a lot of the show, but am I right that while the hottest young back around just extended with the Broncs, not one word was said about it on 360 but almost half the show it seemed was dedicated to the Roosters bringing in Lodge.

Not only that, but the splash screen on Kayo straight up lies and says they do discuss it when they don't:

There we have it. No kick ever is an elite play, just relies on the bounce of the ball.
Not what I said at all. Wingers running down the wing and just booting it infield to stay alive relies a lot on luck. If you deny that, you're kidding yourself.
What else do you suggest he does?
Learn how to take the ball infield, especially early in the set. It's been an issue with Cobbo all year, he will kick on 2nd tackle instead of just cutting back inside.

I'm not bagging him for the try assist, but if we think it was an elite play, that's just insane bias.

Since Ben Ikin left it’s become NSW 360. Anasta and the Sydney centric journos, ex players just don’t cut it anymore. Yvonne was good.

He lost sight of it for a second if that. He had more than sufficient time to score that try, but he made an error instead.

It's understandable given he's still a rookie, but to say he didn't bomb it is just ridiculous. Especially after seeing what he did to score his second try this season against the Bulldogs.

He was not able to see the ball until the last moment .
Then when it emerged , it bounced away from him to his right . And out of his reach .

Errrr ,,, I seem to remember him cutting back on the inside against the Knights .
Gave kaylin Ponga a don`t argue that left him sprawling on the ground .

But that might just be my imagination ?

Not what I said at all. Wingers running down the wing and just booting it infield to stay alive relies a lot on luck. If you deny that, you're kidding yourself.

Learn how to take the ball infield, especially early in the set. It's been an issue with Cobbo all year, he will kick on 2nd tackle instead of just cutting back inside.

I'm not bagging him for the try assist, but if we think it was an elite play, that's just insane bias.

Dude ! Katoni keeps giving him the ball when he is tip toeing the sidelines .
How many times did he go over the side lines last year when he played centre himself ?

Also you don`t think he practiced that kick thousands of times over ?

You are discrediting a big play in an extremely tight (and extremely high quality) origin game because you don't think he should have been picked and are trying to justify it. That is all it boils down to.

Just to correct you here; the word is "blindsided", as in he was hit from the side on which he was blind. Hence the 2009 classic "The Blind Side" starring Sandra Bullock in which a young Michael Oher is able to be an effective defender of the blind side of the quarterback preventing the QB from being blindsided.

Edit: or based on your later description, you could perhaps use the word "blinded" or his view of the ball was obscured or obstructed.
Could be a reference to the Peter Watts novel "Blindsight"?

Im very glad to hear the kids locked down for a few more years.

Assume he is taking some of Lees money when he goes to the Dolphins next year.

Look, lets be realistic, no club will ever be able to have a 30 player roster where every single contract is exactly right and represents absolute value relative to the market.

We are getting better, but we are not perfect, and will never be.

Selwyn could literally be anything; we have a few years to work that out with him and have laid a marker to other young players (Recce Walsh) that if you buy in and work hard you "can" get good money here.

EDIT .. skip to 4 mins 25 secs before you get to Cobbo. the first bit is a sponsorship announcement

You're wrong, accept it, move on. It's fine, you're allowed to be wrong, that's perfectly acceptable, we're all wrong. I was saying blind-sighted and it's actually blindsided, that's just part of the development of an individual but the key now is for you to accept that you were wrong.

In my time on here, you've never been wrong about anything, at least in your own mind.

He averages 100+ metres a game in the NRL, you don't average that without taking a few tough carries into the meat of the defensive line. Billy Slater basically said the thing that impressed him the most about Selwyn was the tough carries he makes, Reynolds came out and said it as recently as yesterday as well.

He kicks on 2nd tackle? he may have done that once or twice as he was being thrown into touch, that doesn't mean it's something he always does.

I watched the entire show last night and even when they spoke about the Broncos, nothing about Selwyn.

That's what they do, unless it's about Reyno (a New South Welshman, the savior of a QLD club) or the club being in the pits for whatever reason like the Haas drama, they don't want a bar of us.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.