Coen Hess

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
After last night's humiliating loss, one thing has become perfectly clear, Queensland require more talent off the bench.

In 2001, Wayne Bennett turned to Brad Meyers & Carl Webb.

In 2003, Wayne Bennett turned to Matt Bowen & Cameron Smith.

In 2006, Mal turned to Inglis, Myles, Scott & Thaiday.

In 2017, Kevie should turn to Coen Hess as a bench option. He may not win the Maroons the game, but he's clearly got the ability to become a stalwart for the Maroons and there is no sense looking at a stop-gap. Last night Aidan Guerra only came on when the game was well and truly lost, surely it would have made more sense to give a quality player like Hess that experience?

Hess for Origin II.

I can see Hess doing what Taylor did in Game 2, 2014.

Since JT will be playing, I would rather Cooper.

I'd pick him for sure. He's a huge talent, looks made for Origin.

If he kills it the next two weeks, absolutely.

No, too early, no real form line and has attracted a few headlines but he should be seasoned for a least a full nrl season. Only my opinion and plenty of other proven players to choose from.

I'm not against putting guys in there early and I'm not against Hess either but I'd bring him in if we lose game 2.

I can see Hess doing what Taylor did in Game 2, 2014.

Since JT will be playing, I would rather Cooper.

i said it last night, but if only Big Dave had a bit of desire and ticker he would be easily twice the player Fatfita is. Makes me angry when i think about the waste of talent he is.

i said it last night, but if only Big Dave had a bit of desire and ticker he would be easily twice the player Fatfita is. Makes me angry when i think about the waste of talent he is.

I'd deadset back Taylor to do a better job in game two than we saw from Myles, Lillyman, and Guerra last night.

Napa really hasn't been consistently excellent since his big night out against Sam Burgess last year either but he showed last night he wasn't out of his depth and has a big future in a Maroon jersey so there's no reason why Hess can't have a crack too. If we stick with what we had last night we will get spanked now the Blues have the belief they have our measure.

Green doesn't believe he is ready so it's unlikely he will be picked.

Green doesn't believe he is ready so it's unlikely he will be picked.

Of course Green will say he isn't ready. It's one of his players and Cowboys play Storm in Round 15.

Or it could just be that he isn't actually ready.

The last opinion you'd want is the club coach when it comes to selecting rookies.

They want to secure those players for years, when you give them that profile it just makes life so much tougher.

That's why Bellamy was so vocal about Inglis and Folau, well that and he was coaching at the time Folau was selected.

He's a talent. Would not be against him being selected on the bench.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Volvo Driver
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • Mighty Bronx
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.