NEWS Colman: Have Broncos pulled right rein in re-signing Glenn?

There is no doubt Glenn SHOULD have a position waiting for him at the club after he retires.
He is fit and charismatic, with a perfect off field record and a good influence for younger players. Hehas put the club first with this new contract (Hi Boyd). He is the kind of person players should aspire to be.

He had to be signed, alot of us don't see it but they are humans and they need leadership to function.

Difference is though, it’s being reported Glenn has signed on for $200k at a reduced rate that he was on which I tend to believe when you put all the stories together.

He might be coming to the end but Glenn is at least a $200k+ player all day. If you moved him on you’d have to at least use $100k to sign a minimum wage player and you would only be freeing up $100k to play with. So in essence Glenn is only costing us $100k more than what we’d have to spend on a minimum wage player to fill a squad spot. You take that every day of the week hands down and the fact he is an experienced leader who at least still contributes he will be one of our better valued players in 2020.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the minimum contract is closer to 150k these days.

Really reinforces your point though, at $200k it's a good deal, and likely had very little impact on our ability to recruit Croft.

We're not flush for edge Backrowers, we're not flush for experienced Forwards. Letting Glenn go would have almost certainly come back to bite us at some point.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the minimum contract is closer to 150k these days.

Really reinforces your point though, at $200k it's a good deal, and likely had very little impact on our ability to recruit Croft.

We're not flush for edge Backrowers, we're not flush for experienced Forwards. Letting Glenn go would have almost certainly come back to bite us at some point.
Realistically if Fifi gets any sort of ban for being scammed in Bali then Glenn is our only legitimate 2nd rower on the books.

TPJ can cover 2nd row, but is a liability in defense.

Oates could very well start making the transition to 2nd row within the next 12-18 months... unless TPJ can fix his defense ten fold

2018 Min. Top 30 fee of $100,000 for players 1-26 in 2018 increasing at $5,000 p.a until 2022
2018 $70,000 for players 27-30 in 2018 increasing at $2,500 p.a until 2022
2018 Replacement of the NRL second tier with the NRL Development List where players will be entitled to $60,000 p.a.

Realistically if Fifi gets any sort of ban for being scammed in Bali then Glenn is our only legitimate 2nd rower on the books.

TPJ can cover 2nd row, but is a liability in defense.

Oates could very well start making the transition to 2nd row within the next 12-18 months... unless TPJ can fix his defense ten fold

Palasia and Bullemor would be considered second rowers wouldn’t they?

Palasia and Bullemor would be considered second rowers wouldn’t they?
Bullemor is considered to be a prop/middle isn't he??

But it would be reliance on more young guys

Last edited:
Well done Lexi - 1 club player by the time it ends, which is entirely appropriate...and we are desperate for this kind of leadership and off-field behavior to the (majority) of our young squad.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • TimWhatley
  • Nerd
  • RodF
  • marw
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • DrGee
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.