Computer Chairs

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ningnangnong, May 15, 2018.

1. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Alright gang, in the market for a new computer chair.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Needs to have a high back because I like to slide my arse forward and slouch like a lazy shit on the regular.

Tags:
  2. Sproj

Sproj

The dump or street collection.

GKDonkey likes this.
  3. Difficult without a budget ningers. Spwn has a rather expensive one. I just get the $150 one from officeworks that looks like a car seat. I make car noises when I move it around too so that's a plus.

Budget?

4. Trash.

If you don't plan to pay $300+ You don't want to be at OW mate. Trust me, the bosses buy the cheaper shit from there, including about 5 of those ones linked, they are shit.

Also, while they are high back, they don't support good posture, you're still slumped.

5. If you don't want to pay $500-$1,000 you're not going to get a good gaming chair, anywhere. I'm quite happy with it for the money I spent.

Nashy likes this.
  6. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I’ve always found the best quality vs price chairs are ex-Gov stock. Can pick up $500+ stuff for $50-100. Sometimes you can find them at secondhand furniture or office fitout warehouses.

If you’ve got a bad back, you can get them custom made to your body for around $1k, but you’ll never need or want another chair again.

GKDonkey likes this.
  7. Best chair I've ever had, and I don't buy cheap shit chairs either, so it's the best out of a bunch of mid to premium chairs without going into the 1k+ territory.

8. Morkel

Morkel

[​IMG]

It's more than I would normally spend, but I was able to get some money back by selling the packing they'd used inside it when shipping it. Some moron used milk bottles, what a dumb.

GKDonkey likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj

This thread is totally engaging, I've got popcorn reading it as we speak.

10. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

There are chairs that actually go for $1000?

11. Morkel

Morkel

12. It's not that crazy is it? People spend thousands on a bed, etc. If you're a guy who works in an office, high pressure job, whatever, and you're sitting there for 12-16 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, it's a worthwhile investment.

soup and Porthoz like this.
  13. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Harry Sack likes this.
  14. This. You can always tell the people who don't think of computer chairs like this. Majority of people in my age group would spend more time on their chair than in their bed. Why would you want a cheap POS?

15. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

D9EFE3E6-0E97-426D-834F-6F737E5377E4.gif

16. Morkel

Morkel

chair.jpg