[Confirmed] Ben Barba signs with Cronulla

Re: [RUMOUR] Ben Barba to Cronulla

Dislike

If Hoffman leaves for parra or warriors, Boyd stays in Newcastle and this happens, who plays FB ?

I fear the thought of Hodgo back there full-time...

Problem sol-ved.

If this happens, I think it's very harsh

If Hoffman leaves for parra or warriors, Boyd stays in Newcastle and this happens, who plays FB ?

I fear the thought of Hodgo back there full-time...

Hodges in attack, someone decent in defence > Barba

I hate the idea of having Hodges at fullback as our #1 option to be honest, the injuries and lack of defence are far too worrying to compensate for his brilliance in attack.

The only scenario I see us releasing BOTH Hoffman & Barba is if Bennett knows for sure that Boyd is coming.

I just can't see Barba agreeing to leave after all the fuss about wanting to be closer to his family.

I tend to not believe a word that is written about us in the SMH

I'd like to see Barba have another chance with Bennett as coach.

He's overcome demons before ..... working on his ability to catch the bombs, so we know he can come good again.

Seriously, Wayne can get him back to where we need him.

Once one of Barba or Hoffman leave, Bennett will sign Boyd immediately

Actually so will i .... i still believe he has tons to offer us.
Me three. I know it's a business based which revolves around winning games within a salary cap but I don't want Boyd here over Barba. Only time will tell who will perform better next year but I think Barba has more positives to offer over Boyd including being a backup five eighth.

Me three. I know it's a business based which revolves around winning games within a salary cap but I don't want Boyd here over Barba. Only time will tell who will perform better next year but I think Barba has more positives to offer over Boyd including being a backup five eighth.

you want to keep barba on (and his high salary after next year) for a back up 5/8? if he isn't going to be in the starting 13, for the money he is on, they are better off releasing him. it would piss me off deluxe to see him run around in qld cup next all the while collecting his hefty pay cheque.

you want to keep barba on (and his high salary after next year) for a back up 5/8? if he isn't going to be in the starting 13, for the money he is on, they are better off releasing him. it would piss me off deluxe to see him run around in qld cup next all the while collecting his hefty pay cheque.
I'd rather see him at fullback next year on the 400k (?) per year over Boyd at the back on 600k per year as I think Barba offers more to the team than Boyd (form aside as they're both unpredictable at this stage). Beyond 2015 I'm not going to try and predict as I think there's a whole bunch of changes this year that need to be allowed to play out.

With Kennedy going, it seems pretty obvious that Boyd is coming with a fat pay cheque.

With Kennedy going, it seems pretty obvious that Boyd is coming with a fat pay cheque.
No one knows yet either way but I'd rather Boyd take Kennedy's pay cheque and ditch Kennedy if that's how it's going to play out anyway.

But I don't really want to lose Barba.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lozza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Alec
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.