[Confirmed] Hannant to Cowboys

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This has been a rumour that has been around for awhile. Here's the latest update on the situation...

Last year, Hannant was linked with a move to the Titans, but the ex-Test front-rower is hopeful he can thrash out a new contract to stay at Brisbane next season.

“I’m 29, so I’ll take a five-year deal,” Hannant said with a wry grin.

“I’m off-contract, but at the moment I’m focused on playing good footy and doing my role for the club and we’ll see what happens from there.

“I’d love to stay. This is home for me, I grew up on the Gold Coast, but my wife is happy with the club and the kids are settled in school.

“I’m enjoying my times here, my family is happy so I’ll let my manager take care of things.”

Asked if he would accept less money to remain a Bronco, Hannant said: “That’s something I would have to sit down and work out with my manager.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Last edited:
Re: [Rumour] Hannant to Titans

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd like to see Polar Bear stick around for a few more years yet. I feel like his last few years have been disappointing if only due to injury, if he can stay on the field for an extended period, he'd be a very handy asset to our front row and really help these new guys like Molo & Ofahengaue in their paths to the NRL.

His last few games have reflected this desire. He has been a gun. However if his contract stands in the way of signing a good half, he can go to the Titans.

My first reaction is that Hannant is not exactly an athlete and therefore he is likely to regress earlier than many of today's players.

But then you look at how hard it is to obtain quality front rowers these days and it makes you stop and think.

It all comes down to dollars ... if the Titans want to throw big money at him, we have to let him go.

If he wants $300k or so for 3 years, I'd probably agree to that. But not much more. I suspect he will want at least that much in term and probably more in $$$'s.

And a post script to that. Manly this year have very little in the way of front rowers. But they have basically the best spine in the comp or close to it. Lets see the value of front rowers in the modern game via Manly in 2014.

Throw the dam kitchen sink at DCE.

I can see the perfect third party deal.
1395245931.jpg

Wouldn't be sad to see him leave.

Because we have better props coming through or available on the market right?

Or is this another let's get rid of our shit halves Wallace and Prince...?

I mean, look at us now with our sparkling set of halves!

If you think I'm going to regret letting Wallace go, you can forget it. He has been pretty terrible for the Panthers so far. Pretty much exactly as he was here.

We do have some pretty good halves and props coming up, the usual suspects. Hook is just not selecting them.

Hannant, like McGuire, has had injury setbacks right when he was starting to hit his straps, its frustrating as hell so if he could just string together a full season and hit a purple patch we'd be signing is praises again.

Playing for a new contract should see him lift as well.

If you think I'm going to regret letting Wallace go, you can forget it. He has been pretty terrible for the Panthers so far. Pretty much exactly as he was here.
So you think we're better off with whom we have now...?

Everyone knows he's not flashy and doesn't have much creativity, but he's been guiding the Panthers around pretty well, and his kicking game shits completely all over Hunt's, not to speak of Hoffman.

I didn't mind him going, as long as we had someone better to put there. Guess what...

GET. RID. Remember he is on a pretty big contract after we re-signed him halfway through his Bulldogs contract. He is just not worth it. A guy that only shows up half the year....and never during the business end. We should just be done with him.

So you think we're better off with whom we have now...?

Everyone knows he's not flashy and doesn't have much creativity, but he's been guiding the Panthers around pretty well, and his kicking game shits completely all over Hunt's, not to speak of Hoffman.

I didn't mind him going, as long as we had someone better to put there. Guess what...

Hunts kicking game would be a million times better if the opposing team didn't know he was our only kicker and had everyone rush on him. McCullough definitely needs to take some pressure off him or Hunt will have to kick early. I don't mind the idea of running on the last if we're in their 30 too.

Not sure if serious... but this thread is about Hannant, so I'll just leave it here.

I think the Hannant to Titans rumour only floats around because he's from the coast. I don't think buying a big-money prop would be high on their priorities when they've got Ryan James as 18th man and Tighe and Takairangi in the centres.

We will pay what we want for him or he will go to titans. He won't get a big contract from us this time. He is still worth decent coin but he is not our best prop so his money won't be as big as he would like.

As opposed to what Hoffman has given us? As much as you all hate Wal he at least puts in a solid kicking option (which we lack) and the kent knows how to pass a ball.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • broncs30
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.