OFFICIAL Congrats Alex Glenn Captain 2020

Great news! This is a good step. He's a great bloke and a good role model for the you g fellas. even better better he isn't sharing it with Boyd

This would mean he is going to keep his spot in the starting side. You can't have a captain playing from the bench.

So that would mean Fifita on the right edge.

This would mean he is going to keep his spot in the starting side. You can't have a captain playing from the bench.

It makes the most sense really. TPJ on an edge is an exciting prospect, but realistically his defence is still very much a work in progress in that role.

I'm guessing that will mean TPJ to Lock, so the forward pack will probably read:

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. TPJ

14. Utility
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

Excuse me?

Really happy for him. It's a great reward for his loyalty and service and should hopefully soften the blow of taking a reduced final contract as he'll now get to retire as a full time Broncos Captain and will hopefully be able to leverage that as he moves towards retirement to build a corporate profile that he can earn a living from.

He'll also get to oversee the very exciting next generation of leaders and players coming through and I think that's a really exciting prospect for everyone to look forward to.

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised. I wonder how they'll spin dropping Darius, if that's indeed what's happening. We still don't know whether he's a joint captain, or if Darius is "stepping down" to concentrate on his game.

Regardless, congratulations Alex Glenn!

Last edited:
Chris Garry has confirmed Glenn is the captain, no co captain. How they sell it still remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Kurt Gidley says hi.

LOL jks. IMO Glenn is needed to start with Gillett gone, even without the c next to his name he is a reliable workhouse with a level head.

It's a good call, he's been a leader on the field for a long time.

Another pointer that this might be Boyd's last season.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.