OFFICIAL Congrats Alex Glenn Captain 2020

A continual pet peeve, when can we get the press some microphones so we stop having to play Jeopardy at every presser and post-match?

I’m confident it’ll be fixed this decade.

Watching Glenn choke up while trying to talk about how much this means to him leads me to believe we'll never see an interview with him where he claims what happens isn't important because 'it's only a game'. This is the kind of attitude our captain needs and what we've long been missing. I don't know if we'll win a premiership this year, but if we don't, I doubt it'll be down to our captain having a piss poor attitude.

Glenn would always put his family life before football because it is just a game.

Watching Glenn choke up while trying to talk about how much this means to him leads me to believe we'll never see an interview with him where he claims what happens isn't important because 'it's only a game'. This is the kind of attitude our captain needs and what we've long been missing. I don't know if we'll win a premiership this year, but if we don't, I doubt it'll be down to our captain having a piss poor attitude.

Boyd did the same thing when he was named captain ... quite a few people around here had a go at him for it

Last edited:
I'm only concerned about Fifita being left out of that quote from Seibold because the last time I noticed something like that, it was Gillett being left out of the list of "veterans that Jesse Arthars can learn from" at the Arthars introduction, and he retired a couple of weeks later.

Source: https://broncoshq.com/threads/broncos-sign-jesse-arthars.41081/post-3087960

So, we've got precedence that the club is capable of dropping inadvertent hints like that.

Reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hope he's not signing elsewhere.

I'm only concerned about Fifita being left out of that quote from Seibold because the last time I noticed something like that, it was Gillett being left out of the list of "veterans that Jesse Arthars can learn from" at the Arthars introduction, and he retired a couple of weeks later.

Source: https://broncoshq.com/threads/broncos-sign-jesse-arthars.41081/post-3087960

So, we've got precedence that the club is capable of dropping inadvertent hints like that.

Reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hope he's not signing elsewhere.

Personally I think there was a lot more substance to what happened to Gillett then comparing your concerns about Fifita. Gillett's speculated retirement was something that had been speculated by the majority of fans despite being recently re-signed due to injury and only increased when another serious injury occured in a very short period of time after that first and well before veterans mentoring Arthars etc. This wasn't exactly something coming out of left field here, there was speculation of his retirement before 2019.

As for Fifita while he is only signed for 2020 that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be at the club past that, the club handled his drama Bali extremely well for him and the media attention on him has dropped off him particularly on his future at the club(Thats not to say clubs aren't interested in him still) . And as far as non inclusion in the leadership group I tend to agree with it. I think Fifita has some maturing to go before he is ready, suggestions of him letting himself go over the off-season aren't encouraging and the events in Bali and I look at a player like Patrick Carrigan of similar age group and Carrigan is well above him maturity wise and see him as potential future captain material. I can see Fifita being there later, but I don't think his ready right now.

Last edited:
I'd put Haas too a step above fiffita too. I was most impressed with his conduct during the Bali affair.
He too has a way to go but I like what I see with regard to work ethic, and his approach to problems.l​

I’ve had my criticisms about Glenn before, but they were all skill or gameplay based, as everyone knows you could never question his effort and will to win. While I still do not rate him as highly as some do, he’s a fantastic choice and the appointment is well deserved.

I feel infinitely more confident with him leading the team this season than I would anyone else currently and is the best person to have guiding the next generation through.

Nothing but good vibes about the announcement. Let’s go Sexy Lexi

So stoked they didn’t with a co-captaincy. And Glenn deserves the ‘C next to his name. Seibold made the right call I believe.

I’m curious to see who takes over when/if Glenn come off during the game or if he is injured?

The majority of our leadership group aren’t 80 minute players (Lodge, Haas, Carrigan and TPJ) which leaves Croft and Boyd.

Is there a pecking order as to who takes charge and makes the calls?

I feel Boyd being the senior player would take on the roll, but I hope that would go to the future being Lodge or Carrigan.

Thoughts?

I think Croft would assume leadership being the one who is running the plays, but it'll be interesting to find out.

Unread

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • big k
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.