CONGRATULATIONS: Broncos make the top Eight!

Chance of sharks and tigers drawing is very low. I'd say we are comfortably in the 8. Tigers are in a purple patch so I reckon they'll destroy the Sharks next week. We hopefully beat the dogs. That way we are playing Parra first week rather than manly, raiders or rabbits. Unless it's rabbits. Then I want us to play them and smash them.
[automerge]1567326094[/automerge]
And a C- is still a pass. Yeeew!

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the Storm game, we'd be pretty neutral in terms of F/A.

Huge drop off after the Knights - all -100+ after them.

I like a good NRL conspiracy theory as much as anyone but Tiger/Sharks won't end in a draw. Let's hope the Tigers send Gallen off in the appropriate manner.

Well you have got to make the 8 to win it so provided we don't stuff it up against the bulldogs we will go in knowing the recipe is pretty simple: beat everyone we face, with no prizes for second.
If we don't beat the bulldogs our finals will probably be short regardless.
We have some good momentum. We have some glaring weaknesses but also some young players who could surprise. If we play like we have nothing to lose (which we don't) we will be in for a ride and who knows?
However it turns out, we are headed for better times regardless.

This year we have won 2 games whilst scoring fewer tries. The Sharks have lost 5 games whilst scoring more tries. The Tigers lost one while scoring more tries. The Panthers won one whilst scoring fewer. The Raiders won two. The Dogs and Warriors both won one. Flip all those results and the Sharks are 3rd, the Raiders are 7th and we are 10th and 5 point behind 8th place.

Clutch goalkicking and knowing when to take the two has made a huge difference this year - we have not been one of the better sides with the ball in play.
[automerge]1567326818[/automerge]
If it wasn't for the Storm game, we'd be pretty neutral in terms of F/A.
That would be true of a lot of teams if you were allowed to disregard results where you got creamed.

Last edited:
Hope we meet south in finals.... just have the Wayne dance on repeat all week

The probability of a collusion between 2 NRL teams for a draw is next to impossible. First of all, all 26 players on the field needs to agree to the fix. It takes just one rebel to leak the fix to the media. Secondly, can you trust that the opposition won't screw you over in the dying minutes of the game and kick a field goal. Doubt it.
[automerge]1567330021[/automerge]
We're going to face the Eels or the Eagles in the opening round of the finals. Pick your poison.

Last edited:
I had higher expectations of the season. But it’s not finished yet so if we can put a few more wins on the board it would be good.

It was a pretty disrupted year in hindsight. Roberts, niko and sua leaving before mid season. Birds season ending injury and the suspensions of tpj and haas early on. Feels like the team never really got to form their shapes

But seriously, if we lose to the Dogs do we deserve to be in the 8?

They would have gained more points than eight other teams which means that they definitely deserve to be there. After starting 2-6 and seemingly gone, this young side have clawed their way back to some respectability. And once you make the playoffs, anything can happen.

Last edited:
HTH

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • Volvo Driver
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Organix
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.