PLAYER Darius Boyd Discussion

Great player and human being. Been through a lot that most of us have never even imagined. No dad, raised by only his mum until she got sick, then raised by grandma. Mental illness affected him in his later life and he still manages to take the field each week and captain his team.

Let's all get behind him and celebrate his 300 games. Not all of them for the Broncos but he's still a human who deserves support and praise for his achievements.

Fantastic thread, nice to have some positives after a loss.

Now that that's out of the way, please retire immediately. Such a shame how his game has regressed so significantly in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Good on you Darius, you’ve had way more good games than bad at this club.

The pies must be starting to smell good though. Have a chat to Alf

Here's too an excellent career. Stop ruining it Darbs, hang them up.
My thoughts exactly. Been a great player and loved his contribution to the great game of rugby league but it's time.........

Now that that's out of the way, please retire immediately. Such a shame how his game has regressed so significantly in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Yeah regressed to his career average. He had 2 great seasons at the dragons and almost 2 for us. The rest of his career he floated between safe but unremarkable or uninvolved garbage.

Congrats on lingering on like a dag on a sheeps ass 2 years overdue

Incredible career. Gone on one season too long, but has been a great player.

If he were to retire, it would be the first game since I believe the 1992 Grand Final where our 17 named didn't include at least one player that had won a premiership with the Broncos.

Inglis elevated his stocks through origin.

After last night I now understand why his highlights reel on Broncos.com.au runs for only 1.32. There is no way to sugarcoat last night's performance.

It was dreadful. And I'm full of dread at the thought of having to watch this pish for the rest of the season and heaven forbid, another two after that.

Some of those clips were actually pretty good efforts by Darbs tbh.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.