NEWS Congratulations: debutant Payne Haas, our lone Kangaroo

Hunts team is stacked and they came what? 14th? Hunt sucks.

Is it though? They have Lafai and Aitken in the backline, hardly screams a stacked team. Widdop also missed a huge part of the year and like the Broncs with Boyd, they have to carry Norman at 6. Plus the off field stuff with de Belin. Their season was over before it started.

Is it though? They have Lafai and Aitken in the backline, hardly screams a stacked team. Widdop also missed a huge part of the year and like the Broncs with Boyd, they have to carry Norman at 6. Plus the off field stuff with de Belin. Their season was over before it started.
McInnes at 9 is good, Graham, vaughan, frizzell, T. sims in the forwards (all rep forwards), leilua has impact, and norman and widdop (even in his limited games) offered more help in the halves than milford got this year from our spine.

I would rate aitken and lafai above shibasaki too. They should have finished a lot better than the did.

Last edited:
It's one thing to say they under-achieved, it's another to say they had a stacked side. Especially when you consider their coach is a glorified care-taker.

When your best player already has one foot out the door before the season is underway and then misses the majority of the year anyway - you're going to struggle. That doesn't take into account all the other challenges they faced.

Last edited:
McInnes at 9 is good, Graham, vaughan, frizzell, T. sims in the forwards (all rep forwards), leilua has impact, and norman and widdop (even in his limited games) offered more help in the halves than milford got this year from our spine.

I would rate aitken and lafai above shibasaki too. They should have finished a lot better than the did.

@Big Pete has already pretty much covered it but a stacked side isn't comparing to just the Broncs, it is also comparing to every other side. Lafai and Aitken are no Mitchell and Manu, etc.

@Big Pete has already pretty much covered it but a stacked side isn't comparing to just the Broncs, it is also comparing to every other side. Lafai and Aitken are no Mitchell and Manu, etc.
Yeah but the original discussion was whether milford was better than hunt, thus the reason i compared them to the broncos.

Yeah but the original discussion was whether milford was better than hunt, thus the reason i compared them to the broncos.

Oh I see but this comment was more in regard to the Dragons being stacked, I don’t believe they are.

Still one of the best forward packs in the comp. Also, Norman was probably better than Hunt most of the Season. Hunt was their worst.

Plus, we had Alex Glenn as centre most of the season lol. The Dragon's grossly underperformed and anyone questioning Milford's $1m contract only needs to look at Hunt's 1.2M

Graham, Frizzle, Vaughn, Sims. Mccines is a top 5 hooker.

14th isn't acceptable.

Sims was awful this year and Graham is well past his best, that forward pack is surviving on reptuation. Vaughan & Frizell are the only two I'd take, and I personally believe Frizell is incredibly overrated at club land.

Graham, Frizzle, Vaughn, Sims. Mccines is a top 5 hooker.

14th isn't acceptable.

Vaughan and Frizell are the only two players who could walk into any rotation. The others aren't bad but they're either in the twilight of their careers or they've made a career of being inconsistent.

Last edited:
Dragons has a good team on paper but in reality a lot of the players don’t live up to their reputations. They’re a different team without Widdop too, who was the heart of that team and often dragged them from the depths of shitness. That being said, they still should’ve done better than 14th. A half decent coach could get a lot more out of that squad.

Last edited:
Both Hunt and Milford are as terrible as the other now. In 2015 they were as good as each other but they've both dwindled in form dramatically. Neither of them deserve the money they're on and neither of them deserve to be in the frame for rep teams.

Tesi played fullback for tonga tonight. Was safe under the high ball and mostly well positioned for fielding kicks. Kind of quiet in attack but made a good break on a kick return, probably robbed a try by a professional foul (which the british player didnt get 10) and ran for about 180 metres but got bent back a bit in tackles when taking hit ups (no more than boyd, milf or isaako at times though).

Tonga's defence was well organised so whether that was tesi directing it could also support his case for fullback.

Last edited:

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Spoon
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • Bish
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.