Conspiracy 101

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Ok, so after a little bit of reflection I have come to the following conspiracy conclusion: The introduction of a second Brisbane NRL team will benefit from the Broncos being absolutely dominated this season and until the introduction of the new team. How many of you are ready to jump ship? How many fairweather fans would be drawn to the second team and cough up for the new merch if the Broncos are looking like plodders?

How much money would people fork out to see two Brisbane teams battle it out at Suncorp? Sold out stadiums every time. 2 great Brisbane teams would mean serious $$ for the NRL.

Am I crazy?

Yeah, I'm not switching from the Broncos either, but it would open the door for the new team. Having seen some of these early penalties kill the team early and watching the media play their games around it all has me confident there is an effort to get the team down this season. The club seems confident that it will turn around but maybe not this year. I hope I am wrong, but the NRL seems to have a very scripted feel to me these days. This 6-again garbage is the most blatant way in which the ref can manipulate the game.

TBF, just the act of joining BHQ suggests we are all rusted on fans. I’d suggest that the other 80% of fans are the fair weather types who will happily switch.
What the NRL and Sydney fans/media don't realise is unless it was another 10 years without a premiership and at least half of those we didn't make the finals the Broncos won't be the ones losing fans in Brisbane, especially if it is a Broncos wannabe like the bombers. It will be the Sydney teams losing their Brisbane based fans, which there are actually a lot of. If your team is in your town and a new one comes in you don't change unless you're 5 years old and they aren't winning. If your team is 10 hours drive away with less and less connection with them though you may gradually get swayed by a winning culture, a few good news stories in the media, and some community work by the new club.
Our crowds will stay the same average despite losing some Sydney team fans at our games thanks to the rivalry, and our membership would go up for the same reason. NRL would get more coverage on tv rather then the lions and other sports acting as fillers when the Broncos are going mid-table (if we are high or low the media hound us).

We will also SURELY get an improved run at the NRL, it couldn't get worse. Brisbane, and QLD, as a whole may have more leverage and they may just get a person on the MRC! I joke, I joke, as if that's happen..

I'd just back both brissy teams. **** those NSW dogs and the refs they rode in on.

I'd just back both brissy teams. **** those NSW dogs and the refs they rode in on.
What the NRL and Sydney fans/media don't realise is unless it was another 10 years without a premiership and at least half of those we didn't make the finals the Broncos won't be the ones losing fans in Brisbane, especially if it is a Broncos wannabe like the bombers. It will be the Sydney teams losing their Brisbane based fans, which there are actually a lot of. If your team is in your town and a new one comes in you don't change unless you're 5 years old and they aren't winning. If your team is 10 hours drive away with less and less connection with them though you may gradually get swayed by a winning culture, a few good news stories in the media, and some community work by the new club.
Our crowds will stay the same average despite losing some Sydney team fans at our games thanks to the rivalry, and our membership would go up for the same reason. NRL would get more coverage on tv rather then the lions and other sports acting as fillers when the Broncos are going mid-table (if we are high or low the media hound us).

We will also SURELY get an improved run at the NRL, it couldn't get worse. Brisbane, and QLD, as a whole may have more leverage and they may just get a person on the MRC! I joke, I joke, as if that's happen..
So essentially the NRL would gain fans, sell more merch and not lose Broncos fans by having them lose for the next little while? Why wouldn't they do it when they stand to gain sydney NRL fans from having them win more and they are still desperate to have Melbourne do well?

The plot thickens...

I'm adding another thread to my wall: Paul White has an opportunity to move into the top spot at the NRL. If he agrees to or offers the Broncos as sacrifice to open the game up to more fans in this way he would be in a pretty sweet position when it pans out for him in what, 2023? Be prepared to see the Broncos doing poorly for a few years if I'm right.
0 007

I'm adding another thread to my wall: Paul White has an opportunity to move into the top spot at the NRL. If he agrees to or offers the Broncos as sacrifice to open the game up to more fans in this way he would be in a pretty sweet position when it pans out for him in what, 2023? Be prepared to see the Broncos doing poorly for a few years if I'm right. View attachment 8251

Might as well wait until then, if we are banking on guys like Dearden, Paix and Nui to be our long term spine players, then its going to take 2 or 3 years before they get to that stage and that consistency anyway (if they all actually do).

TBF, just the act of joining BHQ suggests we are all rusted on fans. I’d suggest that the other 80% of fans are the fair weather types who will happily switch.
I thought I was rusted on but the blokes cant make a right decision to save themselves. It is becoming increasingly difficult to support the team.

Thankfully seibs and White will likely be gone long before another team comes about and we'll be back on track so I won't even be tempted.

For me, I'll have a soft spot for the second Brisbane team but it'll always Broncs followed by Knights. Couldn't care less about anyone else.

For me, I'll have a soft spot for the second Brisbane team but it'll always Broncs followed by Knights. Couldn't care less about anyone else.
You say that, but the pressure for this second Brisbane team to succeed will be massive.... they have fucked up every attempt and have also fucked up the titans, they can't afford to do that again.

There is a very real chance they get cowboys treatment on the field leg up penalties, etc... also a good chance this restructuring of finances that has been flagged might see them get significant funding compared to the Broncos, because why would the NSWRL want successful teams to continue being successful.

Basically the second Brisbane team will be a NSWRL backed team that just so happens to be located in southeast Queensland and will get nothing but benefits handed to them on a platter and nothing but plaudits from the media, unlike the Broncos who had to earn respect when they were first introduced and were always perceived as invaders to the Sydney comp.

You say that, but the pressure for this second Brisbane team to succeed will be massive.... they have fucked up every attempt and have also fucked up the titans, they can't afford to do that again.

There is a very real chance they get cowboys treatment on the field leg up penalties, etc... also a good chance this restructuring of finances that has been flagged might see them get significant funding compared to the Broncos, because why would the NSWRL want successful teams to continue being successful.

Basically the second Brisbane team will be a NSWRL backed team that just so happens to be located in southeast Queensland and will get nothing but benefits handed to them on a platter and nothing but plaudits from the media, unlike the Broncos who had to earn respect when they were first introduced and were always perceived as invaders to the Sydney comp.
Now you're drinking my Kool-Aid!

We will win the penalty count and the 6 again count this weekend.
Reasons:
1. Playing the titans (another QLD-ish club but with less fans and shocking ratings)
2. Crowds are back, and if the Broncos keep losing the NRL crowd average will PLUMMET
3. There is starting to be a bit of noise about the Reffing of the Broncos (ffs, you know it's blatant if that's happening in NRL media at any level)
4. Ratings, ratings, ratings.... afl has been smashing us for the 1st time in a couple of years with ratings and the NRL can't afford us to keep on losing. They got their favourites some wins out of the way, now they'll need those ratings back up

Anyone who says "you're talking rubbish, there's no conspiracy", I'd love to put a bet on with you for the above (winning penalty count and 6 again count).

Considering our discipline in the last 4 rounds has been twice as bad as ANY other team and what we were like before the ceasation of the season that is a remarkable turnaround if I'm right....

We may not win as we are now so terribly out of confidence and have injuries and suspensions*** that are crazy, especially with no reserve grade on in a young squad, but ffs we will finally be playing on a level playing field I think...
Btw, has anyone figured out why flegler was charged? And why wasn't latrell Mitchell?

Last edited:
I love a good conspiracy and weakening the main team, then say they want a second team here makes a good conspiracy to me. There's NO WAY a new team would be successful if the Bronco's were on top. I also think a few teams were collaborated with on the 6 again rule before it came out, and those are the teams who have had more time than the others to comply (or V'landys rang Wayne, "what are some new rules that would screw the Bronco's over?")

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.