Conspiracy Theories

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
My old man got a Google Home Mini for Christmas. We were talking about about how to set it up for about 5 minutes and I opened Facebook and had advertisements for the Google Home Mini. We then intentionally spoke about buying a pool to see if it would come up and it did. I've thought this has happened before but didn't realise how quickly it could occur. Does anyone know how it works and what they are trying to hear?

What are some of your favourite conspiracy theories? Can jet fuel melt steel beams? Is Kanye West a robot being controlled by the government? Has anyone ever seen a Lizard People?

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
A great thread....! Now we'll see who the true loonies are

On the jet fuel steel beams thing, it isn't necessary to melt them , it's only that they need to be heated enough to start losing their inherent strength. That particular crazy claim has been put to bed.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
A great thread....! Now we'll see who the true loonies are

On the jet fuel steel beams thing, it isn't necessary to melt them , it's only that they need to be heated enough to start losing their inherent strength. That particular crazy claim has been put to bed.
Not for them... the truth is out there!

Tom

State of Origin Rep
A 9/11 truther dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there God is waiting at the gates and tells him: Before you enter I will grant you the true answer to any one question you desire. After thinking for a moment the truther excitedly asks "I was right all along, wasn't I? I was right and everyone that called me crazy was wrong. Bush attacked his own country, he did 9/11 didn't he?"

God gives a little chuckle and says "No my son, 9/11 was commited by Islamic terrorists that hate the West"

The truther stands there for a second with a blank look on his face before turning around and muttering to himself " Shit, even God's in on it"

Tom

State of Origin Rep
My favourite video that proves truthers are retarded. The man conducting the experiment to prove it must have been a controlled demolition, Richard Gage, is one of the truth movement's most respected leaders.

theshed

NRL Player
My old man got a Google Home Mini for Christmas. We were talking about about how to set it up for about 5 minutes and I opened Facebook and had advertisements for the Google Home Mini. We then intentionally spoke about buying a pool to see if it would come up and it did. I've thought this has happened before but didn't realise how quickly it could occur. Does anyone know how it works and what they are trying to hear?
I've had almost the exact same experience. I have no doubt that there is an algorithm designed to pick up key words and (at least) use that information for targeted advertising. Though if it exists for commercial reasons than it is not a far stretch of the imagination that it could be used for more nefarious reasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter