NEWS Contract clause puts Anthony Milford on open market early

Hope he's been good with his money and is happy to take a small downgrade next contract so we can keep other players. His off field rep and star status should field him plenty of extra TPA money.

I really don't understand a contract in a player's favour.. there's no upside to that from a club POV. Unless someone can shed some light??

I really don't understand a contract in a player's favour.. there's no upside to that from a club POV. Unless someone can shed some light??
Making them feel like they're in control. If a club wants to get rid of them they drop them to the reserves and they look elsewhere. When has a highly paid professional sportsman been cool with lingering in reserves? They have egos they need to feed.

Making them feel like they're in control. If a club wants to get rid of them they drop them to the reserves and they look elsewhere. When has a highly paid professional sportsman been cool with lingering in reserves? They have egos they need to feed.
But if they execute it "in their favour" ahead of that, doesn't that then mean they're contracted? So it really matter nothing

But if they execute it "in their favour" ahead of that, doesn't that then mean they're contracted? So it really matter nothing
It doesn't matter if they say they want to stay, they almost always get out of the contract if they aren't happy with their position in the team. If they request to leave, they don't get paid. And usually by the time their option comes into play they the team they've signed with knows if they want to keep him or let him go.

"Look, we want you for 4 years. But if you're not sure the club will be a perfect fit, how about the last 2 years are in your favour". Helps to get them to sign, AND also means the salary for those final two years are locked in. It becomes simply a yes/no answer to activate the last 2 years, instead of the whole negotiation going back to the drawing board etc.

"Look, we want you for 4 years. But if you're not sure the club will be a perfect fit, how about the last 2 years are in your favour". Helps to get them to sign, AND also means the salary for those final two years are locked in. It becomes simply a yes/no answer to activate the last 2 years, instead of the whole negotiation going back to the drawing board etc.

There seems to have been quite a few signed with the option in the player's favour and I wonder if they were covering bases knowing that Bennett was not going to go on for ever, that if they did not like the new coach, they had an out.

I recall that many of our players share the same player agent, this could be the common link as a few of our players have the player option clause?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.