Cook

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cook's 263- 13 hours and 54 minutes of batting is the third longest innings in Test history.

He's England's leading run scorer 9593 and will be the first English player to 10 000.
Leading century maker 28
Owner now of longest innings by an Englishman.
Most runs in Asia by a non Asian player 2065
Highest score in Asia by a non Asian player 263
Fifth most runs in an Ashes series with his 766 in 2010.
Second most for an Englishman with the same 766.

He's scored runs and big runs on all different surfaces and around the world. I say best English batsman ever.

Easily the best test batsman. I still reckon Pietersen is the bet 'English' batsman ever (covering all formats).

The pitch was a road but credit for his concentration and stamina

Guys like Beefy say hi

Botham isn't even close to Cook. How do you compare those two? They don't even have the same role.

Botham was an all-rounder to begin with the only time in his career you could argue he was dominate at both was 77-82. After that he was surviving on legend and the very very occasional performance. He never got a 100 against the WI either.

Cook has got tough long 100 all over the world and handled captaincy; something else Botham couldn't do.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • BroncsNBundy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • ezpz
  • Scorchie
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gray
  • Midean
  • broncs30
  • Dazza 92
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.